Buying advice - Leafspy Data

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a standalone option in 2013. I don't remember the price, but it was considerable. I think it may also have been a factory-installed-only option, although people here have found it isn't hard to retrofit one.

**For anyone who is curious**

The backup camera became STANDARD on any LEAF that has the "charge" package when 6.6 KW arrived which means its standard on all 2013 SL's.

The only option as far as camera on SL is surround view.

So I got my car and detailed it for a couple hours and am very happy with the purchase. Those leaves and mats cleaned up nicely. 7,044 all told (includes fees and transportation) for my 2013 SL with no backup camera.

I found some posts about adding a backup camera. Thank you Leftie for the suggestion. It seems like it should be mostly wired for it and I only need about $250 worth of parts. That is now on my to do list. I think I'll want a level 2 charger first.

Sifting through the options is interesting. I think I found one that could run off my current dryer outlet with a 30amp breaker. https://www.evseadapters.com/collec...ble-120-240v-charger-evse?variant=36838101265 I'm excited about the car and warding off sarcastic jokes about the range from the mother in law already.

CTinker said:
So I got my car and detailed it for a couple hours and am very happy with the purchase. Those leaves and mats cleaned up nicely. 7,044 all told (includes fees and transportation) for my 2013 SL with no backup camera.

I found some posts about adding a backup camera. Thank you Leftie for the suggestion. It seems like it should be mostly wired for it and I only need about $250 worth of parts. That is now on my to do list. I think I'll want a level 2 charger first.

Sifting through the options is interesting. I think I found one that could run off my current dryer outlet with a 30amp breaker. https://www.evseadapters.com/collec...ble-120-240v-charger-evse?variant=36838101265 I'm excited about the car and warding off sarcastic jokes about the range from the mother in law already.

at that price its hard to go wrong. so no backup camera? that is a surprise. I guess it started in 2014? I thought surround view started in 2013 but apparently not!

From what I've seen it appears that you could add the rear view camera to the S but if you wanted anything on the SV or SL it was a $1000 Premium package that included bose speakers and the around view cameras/back up.

I'm really sort of shocked that the SL didn't come with the camera as standard equipment. I'm in the same boat with my SV, I would like to have the camera but wonder if it's worth the trouble. At least yours should be mostly wired for it, but I'm still unclear on what mine needs exactly.
The sarcastic remarks are apparently just part of owning a Leaf. You can imagine the jeering I get working with a bunch of truck drivers!

The backup camera became STANDARD on any LEAF that has the "charge" package when 6.6 KW arrived which means its standard on all 2013 SL's.

As you may have figured out by now, you can't get accurate info by reading internet posts, even on EV sites. The backup camera DID NOT come standard in 2013, and you COULD get it separate from Premium Package. Just accept it, already. Oh, and Premium Package WAS an option in 2013. I have it, many others have it. Sheesh.

Back