EVgo user portal

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DNAinaGoodWay

App soon to follow?

Noticed my credit card was finally charged for the EVgo session fees I've accumulated for the past couple of years. No extra charges, interest, or penalties.

Found the new user portal on their website and updated my profile and other info. Seems to work smoothly. Nice to see EVgo entertaining the 21st century.

They're still set up on a monthly statement system. No automatically refilled balance like ChargePoint.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
App soon to follow?

Noticed my credit card was finally charged for the EVgo session fees I've accumulated for the past couple of years. No extra charges, interest, or penalties.

Found the new user portal on their website and updated my profile and other info. Seems to work smoothly. Nice to see EVgo entertaining the 21st century.

They're still set up on a monthly statement system. No automatically refilled balance like ChargePoint.

You mean "Bi-monthly" payment system?

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Looked monthly to me.

Got an email from them not long ago suggesting this was coming, with an app too.

Yep, I got email a while back that says they were enhancing including adding user stats. Hoping they include charging data so I can stop having to record everything thru LEAF Spy.

Maybe it was someone else that started Bi-monthly billing? Its hard to say since I am not currently paying for much other than random off brands, a few Blink L2's here and there (still getting first hour free though!)

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Charging history includes time elapsed, cost, and power, which seems wrong, listed in kW, so not sure if you'd want to rely on them yet.

listed in KW is useless. We all start out at the max but taper off so there is no way to determine how much power you got with that info.

well tried to log into my account and was blocked. too many log in attempts. Tried resetting pw but screen did not respond as expected and apparently the new pw did not take. FYI; I am fully confident that my old pw was correct.

DaveinOlyWA said:
well tried to log into my account and was blocked. too many log in attempts. Tried resetting pw but screen did not respond as expected and apparently the new pw did not take. FYI; I am fully confident that my old pw was correct.

My old pw didn't meet the requirements. Upper, lower, number and special character. Might be part of your problem.

Evoforce said:
I find that this company is cost prohibitive. I wish we could all boycott and force a price reduction.

Everything with old pricing is overpriced. The units on the OpenEVSE site are over priced. It depends when the price was set. EVSE's are one thing that goes down. When I first got my 2012 Leaf I purchased a Litton 16A EVSE for $1000. Conspired to a Aerovirment unit that was a bargain.

Parts have really come down. I remember paying Avnet over $325 for my first J1772 cable. I know buy the from eBay for less than $100 shipped. Even A 40A Quick Charge 20 ft new cable is under $200 shipped I am a cheapskate and I buy cheap.

EVGO is a vampire company that thinks it can get rich from the "range anxiety" that EV drivers (they think) will get. They appear to be trying to pay for their charging stations in the first months of use.

I have called them in the past to get the details of their membership and service. When they told me, I instantly told them that I refuse to sign up for such an expensive and price-gouging service....

We should all call up and give instant denial of $$ to the rep on the telephone.

It's an old debate at this point, but the bottom line remains: If you don't want to use them, don't. Simple as that. Leaves more availability for others.

Have they turned a profit yet? It's still a tiny market. I'm guessing most of their revenue is coming from OEM promotional charging programs.

In two years I've racked up $43 in fees, all of which I fully appreciated.

Charging as an independent service will never be truly profitable. It has to be part of a larger service, like... Sell you food while you charge... That's why Tesla does it right with the destination chargers at hotels, restaurants, etc, and the SuperChargers being placed near restaurants..

DNAinaGoodWay said:
It's an old debate at this point, but the bottom line remains: If you don't want to use them, don't. Simple as that. Leaves more availability for others.

Have they turned a profit yet? It's still a tiny market. I'm guessing most of their revenue is coming from OEM promotional charging programs.

In two years I've racked up $43 in fees, all of which I fully appreciated.

Then you must have a charge for free card and/or don't use them very much. The basic monthly fee is $15 mo. plus expensive usage fees.

Then you have a few other ridiculous things that they do (for example) like a limit of an hour between charges. If I run out of charge in less than an hour I have to wait maybe 20 minutes before charging again.

If you have a bigger battery car, it can take longer to charge than the time they allow and you may not have enough to reach your next destination. Also, you still cannot charge again before an hour has elapsed even if there is another station you could go to nearby for a full charge

I've never had a NCTC card, wasn't available then. I'm on the flex plan, and hardly ever use it. I don't really drive very much. Your other points are well founded, their 30 min limit and limits between charges and fee structures are all problematic. There's massive room for improvement. Tesla they are not. But then, they have no car sales to support. They do have decent locations and more than one unit per site usually, and they respond to plugshare comments when repairs are needed. Frankly, at this stage, I'm happy to have any QC that anybody is willing to install. Options are few and far between.

I'm lucky in that both where I work and where I volunteer have state sponsored EVgo chargers that are free. You still have to have a EVgo card but they charge nothing to it...

Evoforce said:
I find that this company is cost prohibitive. I wish we could all boycott and force a price reduction.

GlennD said:
EVSE's are one thing that goes down. When I first got my 2012 Leaf I purchased a Litton 16A EVSE for $1000.
I dunno, I feel like I haven't seen a lot of price movement in the two and a half years that I've had an EV. They were roughly $500 then, and they're roughly $500 now. But I realize they did come down a lot before that time.

wmcbrine said:
GlennD said:
EVSE's are one thing that goes down. When I first got my 2012 Leaf I purchased a Litton 16A EVSE for $1000.
I dunno, I feel like I haven't seen a lot of price movement in the two and a half years that I've had an EV. They were roughly $500 then, and they're roughly $500 now. But I realize they did come down a lot before that time.

Prices have just about been cut in half since I purchased my car. The basic 40A JuiceBox from Amazon is a great deal.

WHEN YOU BUILD evse's your self OpenEVSE has come down from $135 TO $79. I build DIY boards for well under $50. A 4 ft 40A range cable is less than $10 shipped, A new cable from eBay is less than $135 shipped (20Ft brand name) and used ones are around $100 shipped. A 4 function meter is less than $10, Chinese coils for the GFCI are around $4. A contactor or relay is less than $15 shipped. The Electrical box I frequently use is less than $15 and finally the display is less that $30.

You can build an OpenEVSE for well under $350 with careful shopping.

Back