Low Miles, High Charge Count (one for every 6.85 miles)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redcottage

Bought a used 2012 SL recently. One month and 1,390 miles later LeafSpy Pro battery stats show AHr= 60.71 SOH= 92% Hx= 90.85%. No QCs at all (I keep meaning to) and 408 L1/L2s. Wait, 408 charges? If I count the days I've owned the car, I've charged it 32 times for an average of 43.43 miles per charge. If I subtract my 32 charges and the 1,390 miles driven, I get 376 charges for 2,578 miles which = a charge for every 6.85 miles. Hmm what can that mean? So far I'm happy with the car, the price was right, and it came with an L2 EVSE which I now use at home.

If you use the charge timer, the count shown by Leaf Spy includes two "charges" for every timer charge - once for when you plug it in and once for when the timer charge cycle begins

Ah, right and I use an end timer so that doubles my count mostly. That might halve the previous owners count some as well. I know they didn't drive it a lot, or too far.

Even if that was the case...short and small charges aren't a big deal at all. Essentially that is what you are doing every time you brake.

Back