2012 SL vs 2013 SV, Orange County

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapoc

I currently live and work in Orange County California. I plan to use it for my daily work commute, which is roughly 25 miles round trip.

I'm trying to decide between a 2012 SL or a 2013 SV. Is the 2013 and later years worth the extra money? Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

A 2013 SV is definitely the best value proposition, no question.

These will get you started with your search:

https://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=92814&endYear=2013&pageLayout=list&startYear=2013&listingTypes=used&searchRadius=100&mmt=%5BNISSAN%5BLEAF%5BLEAF%7CSV%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D

Another vote for a 2013 SV. I just bought one at the end of May for $9000 with an SOH of 86%. You could probably beat both of those numbers with a bit of careful shopping, if you have time to search. Try to find one that came from the cooler part of the Bay Area or *right* along the coast in LA.

I passed on a similar car with a QC port, because I have an ICE for long trips and gear-heavy recreational activities (Taurus wagon) that I intend to keep for a rather long time. I thought I would not really want to use the Leaf for more than local commuting. I almost immediately began second-guessing that decision, so I would suggest getting a QC if possible, unless you are ABSOLUTELY certain you will not want it in a year or three (and who can predict the future that reliably?)

BuckMkII said:
Another vote for a 2013 SV. I just bought one at the end of May for $9000 with an SOH of 86%. You could probably beat both of those numbers with a bit of careful shopping, if you have time to search. Try to find one that came from the cooler part of the Bay Area or *right* along the coast in LA.

I passed on a similar car with a QC port, because I have an ICE for long trips and gear-heavy recreational activities (Taurus wagon) that I intend to keep for a rather long time. I thought I would not really want to use the Leaf for more than local commuting. I almost immediately began second-guessing that decision, so I would suggest getting a QC if possible, unless you are ABSOLUTELY certain you will not want it in a year or three (and who can predict the future that reliably?)
Sounds like we bought the same car at the same time from the same area, and I'm in Tacoma! I bought mine at the end of May for a little less than you did, but mine has 84% SOH. No QC either, and my thinking was the same as yours; don't really need it, but I can see where it would be a "must have" if I were to do it again.

Back