Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turbo3 said:
ClarD said:
With version v0.39.97 I see the new
Motor Temp
Inverter 2 Temp
Inverter 4 Temp

Motor Temp seems to vary during a drive from 71 to 78, with a rise after stopping to 82,
The two inverter temperatures stay at 40, always.

2013 Leaf S, Android 7.0 Samsung Galaxy S7, LeafSpy Pro v0.39.97, Konnwei KW903 from Amazon "Best Compu".
Starting with the 2013 model year Nissan changed some of the response formats. I will need to check if the Inverter temps were changed as 40 with a motor temp in the 71 to 82 sounds wrong.

Any progress on the temperature readings for my 2013?
And the Power/Braking (experimental) screen, that I can't enable on my KW903?

I received this email, in part:

On September 28, 2017, we’ll be making some changes to Dropbox that will likely affect the following 3rd party apps linked to your Dropbox account: LeafSpy Pro. You’re receiving this email because you’ve used these apps at least once within the past month.

While we’ve informed all developers about our upcoming changes, the developers for the apps listed above have yet to update their apps accordingly. If they don’t update their apps before September 28, these apps will no longer be able to access Dropbox. That said, any data already saved in Dropbox won’t be affected and will still be accessible from our official web, mobile, and desktop clients.

I'm using the Android version, and originally put this in the wrong topic.

Turbo3 said:
Motor temperature and Inverter temperature 2 & 4 can be read.

Do we have any data showing what to make of these readings? Like, what temp range is considered safe and healthy, and at what point should we be worried, and at what point should we stop driving immediately?

mnl said:
Turbo3 said:

Do we have any data showing what to make of these readings? Like, what temp range is considered safe and healthy, and at what point should we be worried, and at what point should we stop driving immediately?

I bet since the car itself can measure those parameters, and because there is no easy to read gauge in the vehicle itself that the car's CPU will handle that decision for you. If those (or any other) parameters get out of range, you will get a red warning light & message (probably not specific) but the car will probably shut down. I wouldn't lose any sleep over this.

lpickup said:
mnl said:
Turbo3 said:

I bet since the car itself can measure those parameters, and because there is no easy to read gauge in the vehicle itself that the car's CPU will handle that decision for you. If those (or any other) parameters get out of range, you will get a red warning light & message (probably not specific) but the car will probably shut down. I wouldn't lose any sleep over this.

thanks very much for the response. i totally agree, for normal circumstances. im planning to take the car to a local track for some lapping, 20 minute session, and would feel more comfortable with some idea of safe temps to operate under. it would seem to me that it'd be preferable to be able to pull into the pits before reaching dangerous temps if it even does get that high.

Hi,

Thank you for continuing to update Leafspy.

The most recent (29 August 2017) Android version adds 3 new items to the CSV log: speed1, speed2, wiper status.

What do the speeds represent?

What do the different wiper status values represent?

I only seem to have logged "1F" for the wiper status, but the speed1 and speed2 values seem to vary widely.

Cheers

strowger said:
Hi,

Thank you for continuing to update Leafspy.

The most recent (29 August 2017) Android version adds 3 new items to the CSV log: speed1, speed2, wiper status.

What do the speeds represent?

What do the different wiper status values represent?

I only seem to have logged "1F" for the wiper status, but the speed1 and speed2 values seem to vary widely.

Cheers

See the built-in help.

EZ "Speed 1" "2495" This field from Speed sensor 1. Divide by 100 to get speed in km/h (ex 24.95 km/h).
FA "Speed 2" "2526" This field from Speed sensor 2. Divide by 100 to get speed in km/h (ex 25.26 km/h).
FB "Front Wiper Status" "08" This field is the status of the front wipers. The value is saved in hexadecimal format for easier reading.
o 80 = Front Wiper High
o 40 = Front Wiper Low
o 20 = Front Wiper Switch
o 10 = Front Wiper Intermittent
o 08 = Front Wiper Stopped

Hi Turbo3 - I've searched around the forums a little, but I've found conflicting answers to this question:

Is the SOH number reported by LeafSpy calculated from the Ahr reading (Ahr/66.25 or so), or is it a value directly read off the CAN bus?

Thanks,
-Eric

sandeen said:
Hi Turbo3 - I've searched around the forums a little, but I've found conflicting answers to this question:

Is the SOH number reported by LeafSpy calculated from the Ahr reading (Ahr/66.25 or so), or is it a value directly read off the CAN bus?

Thanks,
-Eric
SOH comes from the CAN bus.

The only calculated value on LeafSpy is the range estimate, everything else comes directly from the Leaf.

For Android LeafSpy Pro testers uploaded version 0.40.102 with updated Dropbox support. Dropbox is discontinuing support for apps using API v1 so this test release uses API v2.

Please test and report Dropbox operation with this test release good and bad.

Almost forgot. This test version uses a different Dropbox folder called Turbo3Test instead of LeafSpyPro just in case there are any problems.

I just got the new version and re-authenticated to Dropbox. It looks to be working as logs got uploaded. Is there anyway way to get it to not use the new folder?

Dropbox has not been working for me the past few days even after logging back into dropbox multiple times through leaf spy. App version 0.40.102 on a Nexus 6p running Android 7.1.2. I get a "Warning" box which states "Disabling Dropbox" when I launch the app.

RedBeard4Beer said:
Dropbox has not been working for me the past few days even after logging back into dropbox multiple times through leaf spy. App version 0.40.102 on a Nexus 6p running Android 7.1.2. I get a "Warning" box which states "Disabling Dropbox" when I launch the app.
After getting the warning you should go into Settings and re-enable Dropbox. After exiting Settings you should get the "login" or "allow use" Dropbox web page.

alozzy said:
@Turbo3 Just curious, do you think you'll be able to develop a version of Leaf Spy that will work with the 2018 Leaf?

guessing that would be an impossible question to answer before the car hits the streets

andrik said:
change request
problem: can't reset AIRBAG DTC

read all DTC from SRS
replace
with
752031902FF
Code:
752 03190201
772 03590209FFFFFFFF

752 031902FF
772 100B590209942A16