2018 LEAF S/SV/SL Features and option package list

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrientExpress

I'm sure that many of you have been wanting more details on the new LEAF and here they are. These are the launch content lists and option packages for the '18 LEAF from Nissan and they have authorized me to share them.

Note that at launch that the cars will be configured with the option packages automatically, and that interior and exterior colors will be limited. Light Grey interior trim is not available for the S and SV, and some of the colors like green will not be initially available. These ordering constraints will most likely be in effect through the in of CY Q1 '18.

2018_LEAF_S_Features.png

2018_LEAF_SV_Features.png

2018_LEAF_SL_Features.png

OrientExpress said:
some of the colors like green will not be initially available

Does this mean to imply that green will eventually be available? What shade? Are there pictures of pre-production Leafs in green that you can share?

I have not yet seen the actual color, much less on a car, but it is described as a frosted silver green sort of like this paint swatch. Some at Nissan like it and others hate it, so I expect that is why it is delayed.

Here is a what I think the color will be like:
18LEAFGreencolorsample.png

When I was in the military, this was called sea foam green.

We could only dream of a metallic BRG/saddle tan LEAF, don't you think?

OrientExpress said:
I have not yet seen the actual color, much less on a car, but it is described as a frosted silver green sort of like this paint swatch. Some at Nissan like it and others hate it, so I expect that is why it is delayed.

Here is a what I think the color will be like:
18LEAFGreencolorsample.png

When I was in the military, this was called sea foam green.

We could only dream of a metallic BRG/saddle tan LEAF, don't you think?

The Japan configurator can be found here: http://simulation.nissan.co.jp/LEAF/GRADE/

They do offer that kind of green, which they are calling "Spring light green". You can work through the configurator to see the various color options. Just select the "grade", then exterior color on the next page, then interior, then just click the big red button to skip the rest of the options list.

Did you get a list of what the full color options would eventually be for the US market? Any other additions besides the green? Some of the Japanese two-tone combos seem nice. I particularly like the "China blue" two-tone.

The signature color for the car will be Pearl White with Piano Black roof and mirrors, but I'm still trying to get the full list of later colors.

Nissan reminds me of VW when it comes to colors. The domestic market always gets the cool 1% colors.

Here is a translated image of the LEAF JDM colors, they have several nice two-tone combinations.

2018_JDM_LEAF_Colors.png

US configurator including color options are online
https://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/2018-leaf/

In playing around w the options the price difference between the loaded SV and SL is minimal.

It appears I could get an SL without tech package to have a vehicle somewhat similar to my 2015. Can the "intelligent" cruise control be programmed to just hold a steady speed like the existing system instead of slowing down/speeding up depending upon nearby traffic?

That's exactly what it will do if there isn't another car in front of you, then depending how close you want to follow behind, it will stay at that speed until you pass, then it will resume your preset speed.

If you have never driven a car with smart cruise control, its great, once you get the hang of it, you will love it.

Phatcat73 said:
US configurator including color options are online
https://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/2018-leaf/

In playing around w the options the price difference between the loaded SV and SL is minimal.

According to this, heated rear seats are no longer an option, even in a fully loaded Leaf SL. Is this true? If so, that would be disappointing. I often have my kids in the back seat, and they will both be out of car seats in another two years. It would be ironic if I had a Leaf with heated rear seats that I could never use (due to car seats), and then replaced it with one without heated rear seats just as I could make use of them.

"FR Heated Seats" in the Cold Weather Package Option stands for "Front and Rear Heated Seats" Heated seats are options on the S & SV and standard on the SL.

For the Gen1, front and rear heated seats were an option through 2013 on SV. Starting in 2014, only the SL came with front and rear heated seats. All other trims I believe only had the front heated seats.

I'm pretty sure when I read the specs the 2018 SL would also be the only trim that allowed rear heated seats which would be annoying as I found it useful to have.

I clicked through the entire site and attempted to build a SV...couldnt find anywhere where it said FR.

OrientExpress said:
Go back to the specs at the start of this thread and take another look. "FR" stands for "Front and Rear".

Yes, you said that. But where did that list come from? I am looking at the configurator on Nissan's website, and it explicitly states front only.

GetOffYourGas said:
Yes, you said that. But where did that list come from? I am looking at the configurator on Nissan's website, and it explicitly states front only.

The online configurator appears be in error.

The list I published came directly from Nissan and is used with their permission.

OrientExpress said:
GetOffYourGas said:

The online configurator appears be in error.

The list I published came directly from Nissan and is used with their permission.

I hope this is true. I could really use those seat heaters!

Of course, I'm not in the market for a 2018 anyway. I need that longer range, or there's no point in upgrading my 2012. So I really care about the 2019.

Back