Tesla Supercharger Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GRA said:
scottf200 said:
<snip> While I'm posting here are yesterdays supercharge.info updates/changes
6KJdYqK.jpg
And I'll again add that only two of those four are listed as open by Tesla yet. I leave it up to those who may be counting on them to check which are which for yourself.
All four of them show as open on the Tesla web page just a few days later.

Since then several more opened and a few more under construction.
Via http://www.supercharge.info
iS2Y4EQ.jpg

scottf200 said:
GRA said:
scottf200 said:
<snip> While I'm posting here are yesterdays supercharge.info updates/changes
6KJdYqK.jpg
And I'll again add that only two of those four are listed as open by Tesla yet. I leave it up to those who may be counting on them to check which are which for yourself.
All four of them show as open on the Tesla web page just a few days later.
Yes, and once that happens I count them as open. Some, of course, take much longer, such as Laramie, WY, which was first used on Sept. 1st but is still shown as opening soon, or Grasonville, MD, which was first used on Aug. 18th but wasn't officially open until Sept. 4th.

scottf200 said:
Since then several more opened and a few more under construction.
Via http://www.supercharge.info
iS2Y4EQ.jpg
Yes, up to 16 officially for the month, which I think ties the monthly opening record. Can they get to 25 in 10 more days, and then sustain 25 for the remaining months to get to my February estimate of 150 U.S. for the year (instead of 363 for all of North America, which Tesla stated was their intention)? As to date they've only completed 10 in Canada and Mexico combined, they are obviously going to fall well short again., and it seems unlikely they'll even get to 50%.

Doesn't help us in the US, but if the numbers at http://www.teslarati.com/worlds-largest-tesla-supercharger-shanghai-china are true, that's awesome.

With one week to go in the month, they're now up to 18 officially opened for the month (Dickson, TN and Nacogdoches, TX are the new ones), a new U.S. monthly record. More importantly, there's now a permit for the Deming, NM SC, to go along with the one under construction in Tucson. When both are done bigger battery cars will be able to drive the leg, albeit sometimes requiring care, and will also be able to make the Van Horn to Midland leg on I-10/20. Owing to the long-stalled SC in Fort Stockton, Van Horn to Ozona on I-10 remains tough, at 226 miles, and I-10 also needs the Willcox, AZ SC to make I-10 fully usable for small battery cars, and Pecos, TX for I-20 likewise.

I make the total 21 officially open for the month including Martinsburg, as Laramie still isn't officially open even though it's been used on at least seven occasions. I'll do the monthly summary tomorrow or in a few days and will continue doing so until the end of the year for completeness, but I think the U.S. SC network is now expansive enough that we don't need to track every opening on a monthly basis - I intend to just mention the ones that I think represent significant expansions or needed infill rather than all the ones (like Martinsburg and most of the ones added recently in Maryland) that are added mainly to boost capacity.

5 & 5 ... another month with a big start
Code:
Date	Change	Site	Status
Tue, Oct 3 2017	update	Greensboro, NC	..................Construction
Tue, Oct 3 2017	update	Franklin Park, PA	..................Open
Mon, Oct 2 2017	add	   Roseville, MI	..................Construction
Mon, Oct 2 2017	update	Laval, QC	..................Construction
Mon, Oct 2 2017	update	Mascouche, QC	..................Construction
Mon, Oct 2 2017	update	Weston, WV	..................Open
Mon, Oct 2 2017	update	National Harbor, MD	..................Open
Mon, Oct 2 2017	update	Colby, KS	..................Open
Sun, Oct 1 2017	update	Carlisle, PA	..................Open
Sun, Oct 1 2017	add	   Gaylord, MI	..................Construction

End of September summary. 21 U.S. SCs opened last month, a new U.S. record, making 72 for the year and 412 total: Rawlins, WY (9/1; I-80); Aberdeen, MD (9/1; I-95); La Vale, MD (9/2; I-68); Grasonville, MD (9/4; U.S. 50); Hermitage, PA (9/5; I-80); Charlottesville, VA (9/8; I-64 & U.S. 29); Ft. Wayne, IN (9/8; I-69 & U.S. 30); Howard, WI (9/8; I/U.S. -41 & S.R. 29); Traverse City, MI (9/10; U.S. 31); Burlington, NJ (9/10; I-95); Morgantown, WV (9/10; Jct. I-79/U.S. 119, near I-79); North East, MD (9/10; I-95); Boston, MA (9/11; I-90); Chicago - Lakeshore East, IL; Birbank, N. 3rd St. (9/16; I-5); Chester, VA (9/20; I-95); Dickson, TN (9/20; I-40); Nacogdoches, TX (9/23; U.S. 59); Irwin, PA (9/24; I-76); Italy, TX (9/25; I-35E); Martinsburg, WV (9/30; I-81).

One other SC, in Laramie, WY on I-80 has been reported used by customers on several occasions since 9/1 but is still not officially open.

35 U.S. SCs (including the 1 above) are known to be under construction: Sacramento, Fremont - Kato Rd., Kettleman City, Salinas, San Clemente, Yermo and Baker, CA; Tucson, AZ; Laramie WY; Colby, KS; Sioux Falls and Oacoma, SD; Austin, TX; Rochester, MN; Wausau and Oak Creek, WI; Rolling Meadows, IL; Oxford, AL; Cookeville, TN; Toledo, OH; Livonia, MI; Coral Gables and W. Melbourne, FL; Weston and Beckley, WV; Raleigh, NC; Carlisle, Franklin Park and Bellefonte, PA; National Harbor and Gaithersburg, MD; Danbury and Manchester, CT; Leominster, MA; Freeport, ME.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No Canadian SCs opened last month, still making 28 total.

2 Canadian SCs are known to be under construction: Saint-Romuald and Brossard, QC.

Its also interesting that many of these new SC sites that are opening have 12-16 (or more) stalls, vs. older sites with 8 or 4 stalls. How much has the capacity of the SC network increased this year?

jlv said:
Its also interesting that many of these new SC sites that are opening have 12-16 (or more) stalls, vs. older sites with 8 or 4 stalls. How much has the capacity of the SC network increased this year?

This year so far, the SC network has grown by just under 2000 stalls.
That is worldwide. I am not sure how many of those are in the US.

Laramie, WY has for the very first time opened officially, after it was U/S for several days this past week. Except for the under construction SC in Bellefonte, PA, I-80 is now easily doable by S60s end to end. The I-10 leg between Casa Grande and El Paso looks likely to be the next to complete after I-80, but there's still nothing known to be happening in Ft. Stockton, Pecos or the San Antonio area to complete I-10 and I-20.

several slated for install in 2017 for WA State. Looks like they will all be around the last week of December?

Ok, just checked Tesla site for any info on updates and see that SEVERAL more sites have been added for this and next year but also saw that Centralia has doubled from 10 to 20 stalls!

WOW!

The one for Natick, MA still says "Target opening by end of 2017 / Exact timing and specific location may vary"; I suspect that's what those in WA also say. When I last talked to the folks in the service center, they were all guessing Natick would be a 20-stall SC opening next spring.

jlv said:
The one for Natick, MA still says "Target opening by end of 2017 / Exact timing and specific location may vary"; I suspect that's what those in WA also say. When I last talked to the folks in the service center, they were all guessing Natick would be a 20-stall SC opening next spring.
All the SCs that don't have a specific site yet say that (or 2018).

Sacramento (and Salinas) CA are both now open. Sacramento was needed to shorten the longest remaining gap on I-5, between Gustine (act. Santa Nella; 229 miles) or Manteca (176 miles) and Corning. The Sacramento SC is 68 miles from Manteca,117 from Gustine, and 111 from Corning. The U.S. 101 leg from Atascadero to Gilroy is 141 miles, while Atascadero to Salinas is just 113.

The much needed Cookeville, TN SC midway between Nashville and Knoxville, TN on I-40 has opened. It's 115 miles to the SC in Dickson, TN, 90 miles to the SC in Nashville on I-65, and 91 miles to the SC in Nashville. That's #18 for the month, with a week to go.

scottf200 said:
Have you guys seen the SC concentration in China?!?! The circle radius is set to 125 miles in this picture. Look at those 4 spots. Wow.

i.imgur.com/0AOJ0nf.jpg
0AOJ0nf.jpg
It certainly shows that the need for SC deployment in China is very different than it is in the US, as unlike here most people don't live in detached single-family homes with utility-connected garages. Instead, you see clusters of SCs in cities to handle all the apartment dwellers. Tesla is now starting to provide more SC coverage for U.S. urban apartment/condo/townhouse dwellers, but the demand for same is obviously more critical in countries like China with much higher urban housing and population densities.

Don't have to go to China to see that. Tesla has urban SCs planned for nearly every "somewhat" major city in Western WA. I went from 5 in my region planned to a dozen by 2018. The plans are very ambitious.

This makes a purchase decision quite difficult although with recent news, I don't know what the SC rates will be as I was under impression that it would be 11 cents/kwh but that is apparently only an S/X rate?

Back