Insurance and accidents questions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nerys said:
got it. so far very nice. one annoyance. no led headlights? WTH thought that was standard on SL

I will swap them over from my SV and put the incans on the old car.

wow SO MUCH RANGE its amazing. it says I can go over 100 miles. I wonder just how accurate that is :)

SL has LED headlights (low beam) standard on all years. Are you sure it is an SL? Does it have leather seats, fog lights, home link mirror, and the little solar panel in the rear spoiler? If not, it is an S or SV. SV has alloy wheels, navigation system, and hybrid heater (heat pump). I think LED headlights were optional on SV (at least some model years). S has steel wheels, halogen headlights, no navigation, and resistance heater. Also, I think the LED headlights on 2013 and later models are different from the ones used in 2011 and 2012. At any rate, congratulations on the new car.

This sounds like a mess... That car had "minor" damage... It looks like you could have swapped the bumper cover and the trunk lid from a junk yard and you are in business...

I would have bought it for the $3500 and just kept on driving... And kept $5k in my pocket for a new battery.

Oh God yes I have gap insurance it would be insane not to on a car that depreciate so quickly

I did not have the 3500 buy it and I would not have gotten 5K for anything because I owed more than the car is worth and if I would have bought the $3,500 car I also would not have gotten the thousand-dollar bonus from the gap insurance

I'm going to attempt to put my 2012 LED lights on the car and see what happens I hope I can make them fit because I really like the LED headlights

That's going to really suck if this is not an SL because I paid an SL price it does not have leather seats which is actually What attracted me to it as I don't like leather to much in a DD I didn't know that was a default option on the SL. It has the cold weather package heated seats and the surround view cameras and the full size nav system and qc. Alloy wheels. No fog lights.

How do I confirm this? even Nissan thinks it's an SL. When I called last night to get the connect system working they called it an SL?

The way I Justified this is that I was about to consider a new battery for my 12 $6,000 plus 11,000 I owed I said ten thousand but I just checked it was 10950 all together a 17k investment this four your newer car is only $1000 more than that and now i have full bumper to bumper warranty again at least for 1.25 years (will hit 36k long before 21 months) and a brand new car and updated battery and the 6.6kw obc i really wanted and a clock turns back 60,000 miles!

And i will only be paying $1648 in interest. I am pretty happy about that. Fingers crossed i did not make a mistake.

How do I tell if an as a heat pump or a resistance heater?

Glad to know it has a heat pump it's a 2016 I have no question I got a very nice car and I'm very happy with it but I paid almost $4,000 too much for it based on the LIE they told me

I'm going to try to make them pay for that but Pennsylvania doesn't really have a small claims court at least it's a small claims court in name only from what I understand most large companies can simply ignore small claims court and never show up and then appeal it which drops it in the regular Court which defeats the entire point of even having a small claims court.

Sometimes Pennsylvania sucks I'm going to try anyway I don't like being screwed over intentionally and I believe it was intentional they made it a point to not fill out the trim section on most of the forms we filled out but they forgot two where it says sl plus the ad it says SL and the phone call recorded where they say it's in SL so hopefully I can make them bleed a little bit now to see if I can figure out how these lights are wired and whether or not I can adapt them I really want my LED lights

nerys said:
2012 nissan leaf sv 65,000 miles battery down 2 bars about 60 miles max range.

Got rear ended this morning. Still runs and drives but the damage is pretty bad. Cargo carrier is hosed not sure if the hitch damahed the frame.

Hatch is crumpled a bit inside and outside hard to close

Frame around hatch is bent

Realistic value of the car $4k to $5 on a good day with so many miles.

What is the chance of them totalling it? Really hoping they do as i can then use the gap insirance and go get a 2015 leaf for less than i owe on this one.

I think the insurance will decide if they are going to total it if the cost of the repair excels the cost of giving you a comparable car.

Just an update. they did total the car value $8000 they picked it up yesterday. they also sent me a separate check for my hitch and carrier which I already installed on the 2016 (cargo carrier will be here tomorrow)

my gap insurance will take care of the difference.

now for the annoying court fight against the dealership for intentionally lying to me about the cars trim package and charging me accordingly. fun.

alas it appears PA does not actually "have" a real small claims court as big enemies can simply not show up and appeal it into regular court. that's gonna be fun. :-(

Back