No history on energy info display? Why?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aim4Green

Hello folks, I have a new 2017 Nissan leaf and I have been driving for three months now. When I use the energy info display and press on the history tab I do not see any historical data on the graph. What am I supposed to be seeing on the energy information Display when pressing on the history tab?

I would think it would display historical miles per kilowatt hour over the current weekly monthly and annual periods, but my display is blank...with no data being plotted.

Is there a setting that I need to check to resolve this?

Thanks for any help.

Howard

Randy said:
You have to press the "Reset" button on that screen to take the current value and store it in history....
This.

It's a ridiculous design. "Reset" implies to me that you are resetting the history, not the current value. It would be great if it automatically updated at some preset rate (e.g. once a month)

And once you press "reset" to store the current value, it doesn't give any indication what period of time/distance that newly stored value was for. When I first realized this, I got a good series of 7-8kWh values stored in the history by pressing "reset" several times on a big downslope.

At this point I press "reset" once a quarter or so, to capture that season's average.

Thanks for the quick answers. I'll give that a try this morning on my commute into work.

So there is no option to automatically record the history on some pre-programmed time period? If not, this is really a bad design and should be changed in a future SW update. Is there a place on the Nissan LEAF website where one can submit for SW update changes?

Thanks,
Howard

As far as I know, there have never been any SW updates to the system on the center display, and I doubt they'll start now for non-safety critical things. Nissan just doesn't do that.

You can look here and find a thread with a long list of such suggestions and post the suggestion there.

Meanwhile, the next most useful thing is to get an OBD-II reader and LeafSpyPro. LSP will record logs of the readings from your car and upload them to DropBox as CSV files. You can easily extract this data from there.

Aim4Green said:
Thanks for the quick answers. I'll give that a try this morning on my commute into work.

So there is no option to automatically record the history on some pre-programmed time period? If not, this is really a bad design and should be changed in a future SW update. Is there a place on the Nissan LEAF website where one can submit for SW update changes?

Thanks,
Howard

I still have to press "OK" on my infotainment screen every time I start up the car. I've been doing this since 2012, and it's obnoxious. Yet in newer cars, that's not there.

Nissan simply has no history of SW updates for the infotainment system. I wouldn't expect them to start any time soon. WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get). For the life of the car.

Back