Short Range

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erco

Looking at this 2014 S model: https://www.carfax.com/Used-Nissan-Leaf_w536#vdp=1N4AZ0CP3EC331475

Dash pic shows 12 bars, fully charged, range 66 miles on guess-o-meter. I expected higher. Does that seem right? Is that range based on a previous leadfoot's driving style?

FYI, here's the original sales sticker for that Leaf:

http://cpo.nissanusa.com/nna/?1N4AZ0CP3EC331475

Looks like a base model S, no charge package, yet the photos from CarFax show a CHADEMO port - weird. I'd make sure before buying that one, if you expect to get DCQC.

The GOM reading isn't a great indicator of range. I would definitely do an extended driving test to verify your range. You'll find lots of posts on that topic in these forums. Search for "range test".

For sake of argument, the SOH of the pack could be 85% yet still show 12 bars. With a capacity drop of 15%, your fully charged range would be about what is shown (66 miles) at 40 - 50 mph in good weather.

So, get yourself a OBD2 dongle, install Leaf Spy on your phone, do an extended range test (i.e. use at least 25% of available battery charge, note how far that took you, then multiply that by 4 to get an estimated total range)

I think you read it wrong... It listed the charge package for 1200 dollars....

What would set me off of this car is that it had 2 owners in its short life, and the second owner only bought it in august and is already selling it. Sounds like maybe something wrong??

Window sticker link posted earlier shows the optional charge package and photos confirm that it has the DCQC port so it would also have the 6 kW onboard charger. First owner would have been Nissan (since it was leased to the original driver for 3 years) so the used car dealer is the second owner and the car has been driven a few miles on test drives. DTE (aka GOM) showing 66 miles with 12 state of charge bars and 12 capacity bars showing would be reasonable after lead foot test drive. Make purchase decision with knowledge that there is some battery capacity loss after 40,000 miles so the car could drop the first capacity bar soon.

@powersurge oops! Glad you noticed, I looked really fast before posting. Glad that checked out, as otherwise it would have been the first time there was an error.

Back