Jesla (Tesla) Mobile Charge Cable Stolen

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulgipe

We returned from a short holiday to find someone had stolen some minor stuff from our Chevy Volt, including 20-year old cloth shopping bags! But they also walked off with our Jesla mobile charge cable. If you see this for sale anywhere, please contact me immediately. This is an expensive piece of gear and it is only of use to someone with a non-Tesla EV.

The Jesla is a Tesla MC cable with a J1772 head. The EVSE says Tesla on it and it comes in a black, zippered bag with several adapters. This is a premium EVSE and is quite a blow to find it stolen. Here are the pertinent details.

Jesla (Tesla MC)

S/N: T15A0000872

P/N 1015786-99-B

There should be four adapters and a small padlock and an instruction sheet.

RTEmagicC_Jesla_20151122_0002-600x315.jpg.jpg

For more photos of what this is and how it is used see Jesla High-Power Mobile Charge Cable (EVSE) for EVs.

Paul Gipe

661 325 9590

I think what SB is saying is, what comes around goes around. Heres hoping whoever stole your EVSE has the same thing happen to them 10 fold :|
I'd keep an eye on your local CraigsList or even Ebay, with the seller in your location.

Thanks for the detailed tip. Not using those services I wouldn't know how to filter them.

This theft is particularly troubling after just losing the first bar in our 2015 Leaf. Not been a good week. ;)

I see these for sale locally in the $400 region. Not too bad. I would just order a new one and move on. Less than most insurance deductibles.

You are probably in one of the few regions where high-tech vehicle theft is a thing. Around here, nobody would even know what it is. People still ask me how do I not get electrocuted driving the Leaf in the rain... Dead serious.

paulgipe said:
Thanks for the detailed tip. Not using those services I wouldn't know how to filter them.
https://bakersfield.craigslist.org/ - put in keywords like Tesla, Jesla, charger, charging cable
https://www.ebay.com/ - ditto, change the location on the left to say 50 or 100 miles of your zip code

All very valuable tips. Did find a used Tesla MC cable on EBay but it has the Tesla connector--not a J1772. So far, out of luck. I feel like a babe in the woods on those sites.

Paul

I would STRONGLY suggest that the thief having no clue what he took would be advertising it as such online. I would search for more general terms as well

paulgipe said:
All very valuable tips. Did find a used Tesla MC cable on EBay but it has the Tesla connector--not a J1772. So far, out of luck. I feel like a babe in the woods on those sites.

Paul

Not exactly the same things, but just making sure you're aware of the JDapter Stub that will convert a Tesla UMC to J1772, so that you could continue to use a Tesla MC or destination charger. At $239, it's something relatively new from the same folks who made Jesla.

silverone said:
Not exactly the same things, but just making sure you're aware of the JDapter Stub that will convert a Tesla UMC to J1772, so that you could continue to use a Tesla MC or destination charger. At $239, it's something relatively new from the same folks who made Jesla.

The Tesla charge station adaptor is “JDapter Stub”.

Yes I'm aware of Tony's new "stub" . First things first. I'm holding out hope that the thief threw it somewhere and it gets turned in to the Sheriff. For the moment we're not going anywhere where we would need it. The loss of 3 kWh makes us reluctant to take the Leaf out of town.

paulgipe said:
Yes I'm aware of Tony's new "stub" . First things first. I'm holding out hope that the thief threw it somewhere and it gets turned in to the Sheriff. For the moment we're not going anywhere where we would need it. The loss of 3 kWh makes us reluctant to take the Leaf out of town.

No QC I take it?

Rush at Tucson EV will convert the Tesla EVSE to a J1772 with a Dostar connector. He charges $110 plus shipping. Tony Williams can also convert the unit but I have no idea what he charges. Both have the industrial crimper needed to properly crimp the pins.

http://www.tucsonev.com/

Back