Chevrolet Bolt & Bolt EUV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
There is none. You have one in the app and that's it.
eff'ing idiots! Didn't they learn anything from Nissan, who lacked the SOC% in '11 and '12, only to wake up and add it in '13 and beyond :roll:
Personally I'd never purchase an EV without a SOC% display, it's really the only display I look at on my Leaf. Oh well, like Nissan it was probably a planned obsolescence feature, I mean people have to have a reason to dump the older models and purchase new......I see it ALL the time on new cars, the first few years they lack features many people would want, only to introduce them in later models :x

LeftieBiker said:
And Nissan dumped their great top digital speedo. The Bolt does have 20 charge bars instead of the stupid 12, anyway. That gives you 5% increments.
If the Bolt's DTE works as well as the ones in the Volt and Spark did, there's probably no reason to have a % SoC gauge, especially with all the extra range. Those cars used a much better algorithm than the LEAF's GOM, and I believe the max/nor/min DTE display's the same in the Bolt. Just choose the middle or lowest range estimate (depending on how you drive and how much reserve you want) as your effective range, modified if you've got major climbs or descents. Fine tuning comes from your personal experience with the car, just as it does with any vehicle.

Nobody posted the increased USA Bolt sales last month, up to 2,632:

https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

Perhaps due to the increased discounts?

Now up to ~$7,000 off list:

http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/2017/02/current-discounts-on-selected-evs.html

With so many new BEV intros coming in 2018, staring with the 2018 LEAF in ~January, and barring an unexpected event (gas price spike?) I cant see any likely outcome other than more price cuts for BEVs in the USA next year.

Should be a great time to buy, and I will be looking.

I wonder if the increase was also driven by the folks holding out for a 60 kWh Leaf and gave up and moved to the Bolt. I know we are considering a second EV and now we are looking at the Bolt.

I'm fairly sure that it's the discounts. The perceived difference between a $500 a month lease and a $300 lease, or a similar difference in loan payments, is very large.

I agree its the discounts that are working, but I didn't even look until I found out the Leaf wasn't going to be a 60 to start, now I am looking and with the discounts, we are considering it.

I also plan to drive a Bolt before I get serious about a Leaf, but the dealers around here don't seem too keen on selling them or arranging test drives via the Web. They want live meat in their showrooms to slow-roast.

Leftie, why not catch a ride to Boston and ride home in as inexpensive a lease as you’re likely to get? Does the NY Rebate allow out of state purchases?

I too was waiting for Nissan’s 60 kWh car, but no such luck. Just as well, would’ve had to pay MSRP.

The seat padding is simple and inexpensive to fix.

Until now, only Tesla folks enjoyed 60 kWh and up.

But to go from like 21- 22 usable kWh to 60 is a luxurious feeling by contrast.

It’s not just the range without having to stop and hope a station is working and available.

It’s being able to go places at 85 mph and back, with heat, and not have to stop.

It’s being able to leave the ICE at home, even though you don’t know exactly where you’re going and what roads you’ll take.

It’s being able to leave the ICE at home even though you didn’t plan for an errand and hadn’t charged for a couple of days.

It’s having to recalibrate your brain from a 30-40 mile safe radius, out to 100-120 miles.

It’s the realization, when your charge gauge is down to 1/4, that that’s what you’ve been used to for years.

Why wait. When the 2018 Bolt comes out it’ll be a while before it’s discounted as deep as this one is, around here anyway.

LeftieBiker said:
... They want live meat in their showrooms to slow-roast.
I contacted a dozen dealers about leasing a large vehicle, such as pacifica hybrid, asking for pricing. Got zero price info, they ignored my information request and asked when I'll come to the dealership. So frustrating. A big zero, incredible.

Even through chat on an advertised special they will take your contact info and then tell you they are not authorized to give price info, even though you made it clear from beginning you wanted price info.

No chance Mary Barra can win by valuing their dealers.
http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2016/Jan/boltev/0106-barra-ces.html
We believe strongly in the dealer model, and the tremendous value our customers derive from neighborhood dealerships.
As far as I can tell, all the dealers are scum.

In California, they can't give them away.

GM-Bolt-lease-pricing.jpg

DanCar said:
contacted a dozen dealers about leasing a large vehicle, such as pacifica hybrid, asking for pricing. Got zero price info, they ignored my information request and asked when I'll come to the dealership. So frustrating. A big zero, incredible.

Even through chat on an advertised special they will take your contact info and then tell you they are not authorized to give price info, even though you made it clear from beginning you wanted price info.

Most all types of high dollar sales rarely if ever quote prices over the phone. If you were a salesperson,
would like to continue to lose sales the result of another salesperson 'lowballing' a price over the phone?
That's life in the business world! Besides, the lowball price in reality when actually at the dealer results in,
e.g. "Oh, that price was for a showroom vehicle which sold". You can always buy a Tesla where you'll always
pay list price and not worry about 'shopping around'.

I don't do long drives anymore. If I can't lease a Bolt in the Albany area for a good price, the car's off my list. I doubt the rebate applies to out of state leases anyway.

Via IEVS:
Chevy Bolt Is Chevrolet’s Most Reliable Vehicle
https://insideevs.com/chevy-bolt-is-chevrolets-most-reliable-vehicle/

Most electric cars are indeed more reliable than their gas or diesel counterparts. That’s true when it comes to the Chevy Bolt, says Consumer Reports. Consumer Reports adds that most ICE vehicles have become slightly less reliable over recent years (mostly due to the addition of high-tech infotainment and other safety-related systems that are prone to failure), while electric car reliability continues to improve.

Among the findings just released by Consumer Reports in its annual vehicle reliability study is that the Chevy Bolt is Chevrolet’s most reliable offering. That’s quite the achievement considering that Chevrolet had more listed models (15) than any other brand in the rankings.

Here’s the chart showing each ranked brand (Chevrolet at #18), as well as the highest and lowest rated vehicle within each brand: . . . .

GRA said:
Via IEVS:
Chevy Bolt Is Chevrolet’s Most Reliable Vehicle
https://insideevs.com/chevy-bolt-is-chevrolets-most-reliable-vehicle/

Most electric cars are indeed more reliable than their gas or diesel counterparts. That’s true when it comes to the Chevy Bolt, says Consumer Reports. Consumer Reports adds that most ICE vehicles have become slightly less reliable over recent years (mostly due to the addition of high-tech infotainment and other safety-related systems that are prone to failure), while electric car reliability continues to improve.

Among the findings just released by Consumer Reports in its annual vehicle reliability study is that the Chevy Bolt is Chevrolet’s most reliable offering. That’s quite the achievement considering that Chevrolet had more listed models (15) than any other brand in the rankings.

Here’s the chart showing each ranked brand (Chevrolet at #18), as well as the highest and lowest rated vehicle within each brand: . . . .

Makes sense since GM does not make or design the majority of everything in the car that can malfunction, it's a Korean LG car basically. I'm sure they make the bad seats though.

Back