2016 Altima Power Window Switch (lighted buttons!)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never posted about my success with this mod. After returning the first switch set, I found another on the cheap with the black flaking off the switches. It only took a minute or two to change out the switch faces from mine It was not hard to change these out to the ones from my Leaf.

@estomax thanks again for experimenting to find compatible parts and sharing!

pyromancy5 said:
I never posted about my success with this mod. After returning the first switch set, I found another on the cheap with the black flaking off the switches. It only took a minute or two to change out the switch faces from mine It was not hard to change these out to the ones from my Leaf.

ahh, good info.....i ordered my switches from Ebay...who knows what quality switches ill get. those ebay sellers dont post actual pics. they post general pics and send you whatever altima switches they have in stock. ....usually their listings say X quantity available, etc...

-J

jasontamu said:
pyromancy5 said:

ahh, good info.....i ordered my switches from Ebay...who knows what quality switches ill get. those ebay sellers dont post actual pics. they post general pics and send you whatever altima switches they have in stock. ....usually their listings say X quantity available, etc...

-J

Be careful if you need to remove the lock/unlock rocker switch. There is a spring and a teeny-tiny ball bearing that will go flying if not very careful. I would not do this in the car... ask me how I know. :roll: :lol:

I have a front pax and rear switch on the way. I will share if the rear switch works as well.

AMB

i'm really curious if the 2018 leaf has lights in it's switches now.. the switches look the same from pictures i saw. might have to do the same upgrade on the gen2 leafs.

pyromancy5 said:
I have a front pax and rear switch on the way. I will share if the rear switch works as well.

AMB

cool same here, i ordered two rear switches....after reviewing many images online, im certain that Altima 2013+2017 model rear switches will work with our rear seat window switches as well....

mine arrives next week tue.....well see.

-J

So the switch arrived yesterday, and when I connected it, it would neither light, nor power the window. :cry:

looking at this page might explain why it doesnt work:
http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual?fsm=Altima/2015%20Altima/pwc page 18
http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual?fsm=Leaf/2013%20LEAF/PWC page 14

the pinout is slightly different for whatever reason.. the fix might be to repin the plug?

Marko

estomax said:
looking at this page might explain why it doesnt work:
http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual?fsm=Altima/2015%20Altima/pwc page 18
http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual?fsm=Leaf/2013%20LEAF/PWC page 14

the pinout is slightly different for whatever reason.. the fix might be to repin the plug?

Marko

Yeah, I' think I could, but I also don't care that much about the back seat or the people who occasionally sit there :lol:

Correct the REAR Altima buttons do not work. !!! do not use rear altima lighted buttons. FRONT Are fine, but not rear.

trust me, dont try it. i connected them and noticed that the switch board itself got really HOT. see i connected it and tested it before reinstalling the trim and putting it back. i noticed right away that they did not light up, so i then holding the harness in my hand felt the switch board itself and it was HOT HOT..i quickly disconnected it and turned off the car and then reinstalled the OEM non lighted rear switches.

everything is working fine on the fronts but as the Nico club manual explains, the wiring is different.

since i have the switches i will look at repinning when i get time.

-J

so, i need the electrical engineers to confirm, but from the Altima FSM and the Leaf FSM it looks like we need to re-pin the D202 harness before we connect an Altima rear lighted window switch.

so from this image below it looks like we need to swap pin 8 and 2 on the D202 harness on the LH door and then the new pin 2 of the D202 with the Altima switch installed in the leaf needs to be sent to ground? can anyone confirm by reviewing the FSM images please?

zHfL1NM.jpg

Thanks,
-J

i think your best bet is just pinning the signals right at the 8 pin connector that plugs into the rear door switch. compare the 1-8 numbers in altima to the 1-8 numbers in leaf. Leaf just has wires in pins 1-5, now move the wires in pins 1-5 around so that wire in

pin 1 goes to pin 4,
pin 2 goes to pin 8
pin 3 goes to pin 7
pin 4 goes to pin 5
pin 5 goes to pin 6

the altima has an extra ground on pin 2 that you may need to add somehow and is missing on the leaf, i believe is the ground for the little led light. hopefully the pins come out of the connector without a super special tool.

Marko

estomax said:
i think your best bet is just pinning the signals right at the 8 pin connector that plugs into the rear door switch. compare the 1-8 numbers in altima to the 1-8 numbers in leaf. Leaf just has wires in pins 1-5, now move the wires in pins 1-5 around so that wire in

pin 1 goes to pin 4,
pin 2 goes to pin 8
pin 3 goes to pin 7
pin 4 goes to pin 5
pin 5 goes to pin 6

the altima has an extra ground on pin 2 that you may need to add somehow and is missing on the leaf, i believe is the ground for the little led light. hopefully the pins come out of the connector without a super special tool.

Marko

thank you, i think your right.

i think your also right about the pin 2 being the LED light ground but i scoured the FSM and i couldn't find what that symbol meant shown in the pic...the circle triangle symbol at pin 2. im guessing thats the LED symbol.

-J

the symbol is for a diode, if there is a circle around it then usually it means LED (LED is a diode itself.. only works in one direction). usually i expect some rays for light around it too but that might not be standard. give it a go and you'll have a more upgraded Leaf than the rest of us :)

Good tips on the lighted switch from a Maxima or Altima; has bothered me the last month with it getting dark early.

Has anyone looked into whether it would be possible to flip the window motor/regulator from the front drivers side over to the passenger side so that we can get the encoding there for a function passenger auto down/up? Or if any other models w/ a front passenger regulator/motor w/ encoding would work on the Leaf?

So, just to be clear, the 2013-2016 Altima, lighted driver side switch assembly (w/o auto passenger window = base model) and Altima passenger lighted window switch will fit the 2011 to 2016 Leaf?

Does anyone have clear part numbers of OEM parts to order? Thank you!

testmonkey said:
So, just to be clear, the 2013-2016 Altima, lighted driver side switch assembly (w/o auto passenger window = base model) and Altima passenger lighted window switch will fit the 2011 to 2016 Leaf?

Does anyone have clear part numbers of OEM parts to order? Thank you!

EDIT:

I ordered these parts:

Driver master switch 254013TA5A

13 14 15 NISSAN ALTIMA MASTER POWER LEFT WINDOW SWITCH BUTTON 254013TA5A

passenger switch 254113TA1B

Front Right; Exc.One Touch Window Open

Fits:

Nissan Altima 2.5L Base 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Nissan Altima 2.5L Base Sedan 2013
Nissan Altima 2.5L S 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Nissan Altima 2.5L S Coupe 2013
Nissan Altima 2.5L S Sedan 2013
Nissan Altima 2.5L SL 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Nissan Altima 2.5L SL Sedan 2013
Nissan Altima 2.5L SR 2016, 2017
Nissan Altima 2.5L SV 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Nissan Altima 2.5L SV Sedan 2013
Nissan Altima 3.5L V6 S 2014, 2015
Nissan Altima 3.5L V6 S Coupe 2013
Nissan Altima 3.5L V6 S Sedan 2013
Nissan Altima 3.5L V6 SL 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Nissan Altima 3.5L V6 SL Sedan 2013
Nissan Altima 3.5L V6 SR 2016, 2017
Nissan Altima 3.5L V6 SV 2014, 2015
Nissan Altima 3.5L V6 SV Sedan 2013

OEM master switch was about $300! I ordered a used one for $37. FIngers crossed!

my passenger part number from the pics is 25411 3TA1A and driver 25401 3TA5A

what you got from the description sounds right though, should work. sounds like passenger switch is one rev up, hopefully that is not the encoder version.

Marko

Back