I think I found my car, advice please!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
WetEV said:
There are ways to temporally increase the reported battery capacity without a BMS reset.

A QC or two might raise the SOH a little. Is that what you mean?

Oh, how about 10% better. Just think, all those miles and the battery is as "good" as new.

The Battery Management system can be fooled. And yes, just by driving and charging. No serious hacking needed. All Leafspy does is to read out the BMS's current best guess.

RCADYRO.png

jake14mw said:
I just hope the battery is good. It shows 12 bars, but one thing that worries me is that fully charged, the range showed 87 miles. Isn't that the brand new range? I would think that with almost 40,000 miles the range would be lower.

Full charge range shown on the Guess-Oh-Meter aka GOM isn't wonderfully useful. But if the car was driven fairly normally on city streets, seeing 87 miles would be consistent with the lower part of the twelfth capacity bar. For a car that age, that is a good condition for the battery to be in. The range displayed on a full change varies a lot based on how the car was last driven. If you live on top of a hill, expect to see lower ranges. If you drive into a valley to go home, expect to see higher ranges.

Congrats on the purchase, I'm sure you'll love it. I have a pearl white 13 SV, and I like the color but it definitely shows the dirt! Not as bad as black would, though.
You'll have a lot of questions, but just drive it and get to know it and some things will become obvious after a short while.
Did you pair the dongle to your smart phone before you tried to connect to leaf spy? They usually have a PIN you have to enter, and it's usually 1234. How cryptic....

warrenc said:
Congrats on the purchase, I'm sure you'll love it. I have a pearl white 13 SV, and I like the color but it definitely shows the dirt! Not as bad as black would, though.
You'll have a lot of questions, but just drive it and get to know it and some things will become obvious after a short while.
Did you pair the dongle to your smart phone before you tried to connect to leaf spy? They usually have a PIN you have to enter, and it's usually 1234. How cryptic....

No, I didn't. Hopefully, that was the problem. Thanks.

For future reference, almost all Bluetooth devices have to be paired before first use. You don't usually have to enter a PIN for things like speakers, though.

I picked up the car today, and I love it! Pearl White 2014 SL loaded. Only negative is I think the tires are original, they will need to be replaced sometime fairly soon. The car also has aftermarket window tinting and wind deflectors. I got LeafSpy to work, and the SOH was 93%. I was really happy to see that. Two questions:

1) For voice navigation, the only choices are Home, Favorite Places, or Previous Places? You can't speak an address or place?
2) During my last two drives, makes a dinging sound periodically when driving. Sounds just like the sound of the fasten seatbelt sign on an airplane. I thought it was maybe notifications to my phone, but I turned bluetooth off and it was still happening. I see no indicator light that goes with it. What is that? It's driving me crazy!

Routes are not automatically cancelled when destination is reached so (like Leftie said) go into the navigation system and cancel the route. Also, LEAF Spy has chimes if you have it running and have the sounds enabled. Enjoy your new ride!

Yes, the navigation is incredibly annoying. Every time I've used it, I've wished I used my phone instead.
93% SOH on a loaded SL for slightly less than $10K? I think you scored.

Thanks, yes, I think I did. Especially because I was able to talk to the previous owner. His contact information was left in the nav system. I called him, and he was very happy to tell me all about the car. He never had one problem with it, he loved the car. Sold it because he bought a Bolt. This gives me great peace of mind to know that there are no hidden issues with the car.

He also has to floor mats that came with it along with the all-season molded mats as well that he's willing to sell me for $75.00. I may do that. I think $75 for both is a pretty good price.

Back