Any other Jacksonville, FL Leaf owners?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolinEV

Hi,

Would there be any other Jacksonville, FL Leaf owners on here?

It would be fun to meet up now that I have had mine for better part of this year. Also, would love to compare noises to make sure what I am hearing is normal, haha.

2014 Leaf S, purchased used in March 2017.

Not in Jacksonville, but a few miles south in Ormond Beach. I have had my 2015 Leaf for a little over a month. So far, so good. One of the planned uses I have for the Leaf is to run an inverter in the event of a power outage. 2 hurricanes in 2 years convinced me that power outages of 3 - 4 days need more than just coolers with ice. I don't want to get a gas generator, and I plan to use the Leaf to power a small refrigerator and some lights. From what I have read here, it should work.

Cool to hear tziegler. I also have been researching hooking up an inverter to my Leaf. This one is top of my list:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Inverter-1000W-12V-DC-to-120V-AC-Pure-Sine-Wave-Inverter-Run-A-Fridge-LED/201416679446?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Seems like it would work great from info on this forum. I do have an old gas generator donated from family that I used in the most recent hurricane. I could tell that the quality of sine wave was poor though, def not a pure sine wave. Hooked up a small microwave and it ran but it was not happy about it.

I'm thinking a pure sine wave inverter might do the trick. Public chargers in the area were up and running just fine last hurricane. If that happens again I could go charge and bring the juice back to my house to run essential things with the inverter.

cheers!

tziegler said:
Not in Jacksonville, but a few miles south in Ormond Beach. I have had my 2015 Leaf for a little over a month. So far, so good. One of the planned uses I have for the Leaf is to run an inverter in the event of a power outage. 2 hurricanes in 2 years convinced me that power outages of 3 - 4 days need more than just coolers with ice. I don't want to get a gas generator, and I plan to use the Leaf to power a small refrigerator and some lights. From what I have read here, it should work.

Ack! No Drive electric Week event in Jacksonville this year?!!?1

Anyone know of any events in the area?

Back