2012 charge port lid opener handle replacement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ishiyakazuo

Hi all,
I've never heard of this being a thing, but my wife somehow managed to break the charge port lid opener handle on our 2012 SL. The bottom half of it just snapped off. There's still enough of it that it can be pulled and the charge port lid opens, but it's a real pain. I've looked through the parts list, and I cannot find this for the life of me. Has anyone else needed to replace this, and if so, how much effort is it? Is it something I should take to the dealer, or is it pretty easy to slip on a part from a junker?

Mine also broke, just like yours. I wasn't sure how it would work but I just superglued mine(gel superglue) and knock on wood it's held up for over a year. I'm now a bit cautious when pulling it as to not pull too hard but it seems to be one of those rare cases where super glue works very well :)
The trick is to hold it very steady for 20?? seconds while it dries and then to not use it overnight to fully cure, at least thats what I did.

I did contemplate breaking out the superglue. I've got a 3D printer, so I also considered making a replacement part, but compared to a molded ABS part, it's unlikely to hold up as well (unless somehow I design something better than Nissan's engineers). I guess I don't have too much to lose by trying some superglue. Thanks for the feedback!

Back