How to get to HD Radio subchannels, other than HD1?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remarquian

So I think I'm missing something here.

Have the Bose option w/HD Radio.

How does one select the non-HD1 subchannels?

Have looked in the manual. Have searched this board.

Found nothing. Suspecting I'm missing something elemental.

It is a bit subtle. On the screen, you see some digits like "1 2 3" for radio stations that have HD radio and the 1 will be highlighted. If you want to switch to 2 or 3 just use the TUNE button (up/down) to move between them.

More annoying, I always listen to the HD version of our local OPB (Oregon Public Broadcasting) NPR station, but sometimes on my commute route, the signal drops out so it jumps back to the analog radio signal. Of course, the two are not in time sync. Kind of annoying.

Phil H.

Wow. Pretty cool. I never heard of HD Radio subchannels. What are they used for?
Maybe I should just try them in my car tomorrow and find out.
Thanks again for the info.

Coollibrariandude said:
Wow. Pretty cool. I never heard of HD Radio subchannels. What are they used for?
Maybe I should just try them in my car tomorrow and find out.
Thanks again for the info.

They play different set of music. For example, my local KPBS second sub channel 2 plays classical music.

webfootguy said:
It is a bit subtle. On the screen, you see some digits like "1 2 3" for radio stations that have HD radio and the 1 will be highlighted. If you want to switch to 2 or 3 just use the TUNE button (up/down) to move between them.

thanks! works. that's awesome.

Here's a general guide on how to access HD Radio subchannels:

Tune to the Main Frequency (Analog): Start by tuning your car's radio to the main analog frequency of the station you want to listen to. Ensure you have a clear analog signal before attempting to access the HD subchannels.

Look for HD Control Button or Menu: On your car's radio interface, look for a button labeled "HD" or "HD Radio." Alternatively, there might be a menu option that allows you to access HD Radio features.

Toggle Through Subchannels: Once you've located the HD control button or menu, press it. This action should activate the HD Radio mode and display options for subchannels. Look for options like "HD1," "HD2," "HD3," or similar labels.

Cycle Through Subchannels: Use the controls provided (buttons, knobs, touchscreen, etc.) to cycle through the available HD subchannels. Keep pressing the appropriate control until you reach the desired subchannel, such as "HD2."

I found the sub channels the other day by using the << and the >> buttons to change to sub channels once locked on to a HD station and the subchannels numbers display below the HD indicator.

Back