2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cwerdna said:
Hoshnasi said:
02/13 delivery. I contacted Nissan, my warranty is good to July 18'
I'm confused by this. Is 2/13 the build month or the 1st original in-service date? If it's the latter, you don't have until July 2018. You have 5 years or 60K miles from OIS date, whichever comes first.

Hi, sorry for the confusion of February 2013 was the Build month. I’m guessing July was the first service date or the purchase date.

Hoshnasi said:
Hi All,

I thought I would check in as I hopefully round the bases soon on my fourth bar.

odo: 34,869
AHr= 43.14
SOH= 65%
Hx= 59.58%
381.81VV

I know the 11 & 12s dropped the fourth bar at an earlier AHr than the 13s. What is the general consensus when it should drop?

Thanks!

Your numbers are looking a lot better than mine for receiving a new battery under the warranty. My SOH is around 72%. You may want to check into what the in service date is. It seems like the manufacture date of 2/13 that the in-service date might be much closer than July.

SeasonsAfter said:
Hoshnasi said:
Hi All,

I thought I would check in as I hopefully round the bases soon on my fourth bar.

odo: 34,869
AHr= 43.14
SOH= 65%
Hx= 59.58%
381.81VV

I know the 11 & 12s dropped the fourth bar at an earlier AHr than the 13s. What is the general consensus when it should drop?

Thanks!

Your numbers are looking a lot better than mine for receiving a new battery under the warranty. My SOH is around 72%. You may want to check into what the in service date is. It seems like the manufacture date of 2/13 that the in-service date might be much closer than July.

Its been my understanding that 13' models drop their fourth at different AHr & SOH than the 11's and 12's, is that true? What numbers am I trying to get close to?

These numbers seem good enough to work with.

41.77AHr to 43.56AHr seems to be the numbers you need to reach.

Hard to decipher if the 2013 models (manufacture date 1/2013-4/2013) have the same numbers for the 4th bar drop as much of the wiki battery info only has 2011 and 2012 numbers.

Good luck on the 4th bar drop before warranty expiration date. My numbers I can't imagine will be able to make the 4th bar drop as I don't have quick charging on my Leaf.

SeasonsAfter said:
41.77AHr to 43.56AHr seems to be the numbers you need to reach.

Hard to decipher if the 2013 models (manufacture date 1/2013-4/2013) have the same numbers for the 4th bar drop as much of the wiki battery info only has 2011 and 2012 numbers.

Thanks for the info! It seems the 13' models seem to have some kind of different secret sauce in what gets the last bar to drop.

Some on this board consider the 1/2013 - 3/2013 Leafs Canary packs. Research canary on these boards and you can find some interesting details.

I need to take my Leaf to the desert and drive it like a rental car until Feb to get a degraded battery. I can't do that but could entertain someone willing to try? A leaf switch for a few months? ha

SeasonsAfter said:
Some on this board consider the 1/2013 - 3/2013 Leafs Canary packs. Research canary on these boards and you can find some interesting details.

I need to take my Leaf to the desert and drive it like a rental car until Feb to get a degraded battery. I can't do that but could entertain someone willing to try? A leaf switch for a few months? ha

Thanks for the tip! I hope I'll make that fourth bar before the warranty dies.

warrenc said:
Just thought I'd add my stats in here for whatever purpose it might serve. My 2013 SV was built 8/13 and went into service 10/13. Obviously a lease in San Jose, CA, I purchased it here in Olympia, WA with 84 SOH at 32K miles in May of this year.
<snip>
As of last week, it had 35,607 on the odometer, 82.38% SOH, 76.05 Hx and 53.876 AHr.
Curious. Our cars have very similar histories, except that mine had a few more miles and a little better SOH when I bought it. I'm sorry that yours seems to have suffered more since coming up here. My Hx declined some over the summer (low of 81.4 on 10/18) then ticked up to 83.7 in mid-December, although it's dropped back since (see sig).

How many GIDs are you showing at full charge? Mine was 244 +/- 1 when I first got it, now 242 +/- 1. The dashboard claims I'm getting 4.0 miles per kWh, although the LeafSpy numbers for each charge seem to lag below that, maybe because I forget to turn it on every second I'm in the car.

BuckMkII said:
warrenc said:
Just thought I'd add my stats in here for whatever purpose it might serve. My 2013 SV was built 8/13 and went into service 10/13. Obviously a lease in San Jose, CA, I purchased it here in Olympia, WA with 84 SOH at 32K miles in May of this year.
<snip>
As of last week, it had 35,607 on the odometer, 82.38% SOH, 76.05 Hx and 53.876 AHr.
Curious. Our cars have very similar histories, except that mine had a few more miles and a little better SOH when I bought it. I'm sorry that yours seems to have suffered more since coming up here. My Hx declined some over the summer (low of 81.4 on 10/18) then ticked up to 83.7 in mid-December, although it's dropped back since (see sig).

How many GIDs are you showing at full charge? Mine was 244 +/- 1 when I first got it, now 242 +/- 1. The dashboard claims I'm getting 4.0 miles per kWh, although the LeafSpy numbers for each charge seem to lag below that, maybe because I forget to turn it on every second I'm in the car.
I'd have to check the GIDs next time I use LeafSpy, but my stats have improved a bit lately. (Maybe because I actually took it for a couple longer runs?) As of 1/24 I was at 83.08% SOH, 77.38 Hx and 54.334 AHr, now at 36,620 miles.
Update on 1/29/18: Leaf Spy said 233 GIDs at 95% Charge this AM.

Good luck on all who are close to a battery replacement. My leaf's numbers have fallen quite a bit so I am hopeful but only have 20 days left.

Nissan Leaf I have no issues with it other than the battery replacement warranty fiasco. Seems kind of unfair for 2011 and 2012 leaves get some kind of percentage off a new battery. Hopefully owners who have the 2013 Nissan will allow for some assistance of battery replacement (goodwill program). Keep rocking Nissan, I hope that bar drops in 20 days or I am out sheet creek...

I sure hope NIssan treats our newer adopters as they have in the past.

Maybe a jag is a better idea? ha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-iJ797uuls

Well, I have confirmed, no more goodwill program for 2013 models. Nice work Nissan...

The only battery replacement program now is the signature direct program. Buy another $5.5k battery with all the charges to install at the dealership...thanks for treating the newer adopters...time to move onto a Sondors...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZnifrNXLig

My 2013 SL manufacturer date February 25, 2013 with delivery date of July 1 2013 just dropped its fourth bar. Given that manufacturer date, some here have called my car a Canary Battery.

The trip saw the car dip to AHr 42.987, SOH 65.73% and the bar dropped.

Nice job on the fourth bar drop!! I am jealous. My numbers are close but my time is running out. 19 days left...

I would take it in as soon as possible to ensure you get a new battery and that your warranty is still intact.

Good luck bud, wish I was in your shoes. 19 days left on my warranty is making me crazy not seeing a drop.

I need an active Twitter celebrity to Tweet to Nissan Corporate on this goodwill program ending for all the 2013 Leaf owners. Seems wrong they have done with helping out on the new battery replacements if you don't get the 4th bar drop in the warranty period.

Maybe getting their attention that way may help the 2013 Nissan Leaf owners.

Owner loyalty? Yeah right Nissan. You do away with the goodwill program? Wow, bold move, Fred Diaz, I hope you understand you are a walking contradiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTxgqsiT478

Back