Hello from ChargePoint!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GetOffYourGas said:
Once you have an EV with a battery much larger than you need for every day use, you look at public L2 differently. Sure, I might be slightly more willing to shop at Price Chopper than Wegman's simply because the former has free L2 for customers as a loss leader. But even then, I get maybe $0.50 worth of electricity while shopping at a grocery store with poorer selection and terrible produce. Is it worth it? Not usually.

Yes, in the future, we will have "MR. FUSION" cars.. However, right now, all EVs are small(er) batteries, and can use a charge during all down-time. This shows the public that it is safe to adopt the EV as their transportation. Also, all cars could use a small charge, just like we have water fountains for a quick drink. If you are really thirsty, then the L2 charger is a godsend.

powersurge said:
GetOffYourGas said:
Once you have an EV with a battery much larger than you need for every day use, you look at public L2 differently. Sure, I might be slightly more willing to shop at Price Chopper than Wegman's simply because the former has free L2 for customers as a loss leader. But even then, I get maybe $0.50 worth of electricity while shopping at a grocery store with poorer selection and terrible produce. Is it worth it? Not usually.

Yes, in the future, we will have "MR. FUSION" cars.. However, right now, all EVs are small(er) batteries, and can use a charge during all down-time. This shows the public that it is safe to adopt the EV as their transportation. Also, all cars could use a small charge, just like we have water fountains for a quick drink. If you are really thirsty, then the L2 charger is a godsend.

Mr. Fusion is a diversion. You are talking about what people think they need, I am talking about what most people actually need.

Regarding the bolded part, I am already there. Many people also are there (although certainly not everyone) with the current/coming round of 150+ mile EVs. Could my Bolt be charged during all down time? Well, no. I suppose I could plug it in but even at L1 it would not be charging during all down-time. But public L1/L2 charging offers me no utility. I need DCQC in public to make any difference at all.

What makes people 6X more likely to drive electric? Access to EV charging at work.

60% of workplace drivers surveyed at a Fortune 500 company said they are likely to switch to EVs if workplace charging becomes available. – ChargePoint survey data.

Here’s how employers can make it happen - our 6 tips to bring EV charging to your workplace: http://bit.ly/2DVaJED

CP_Blog_Workplace_eBook.jpg

We've recently released our annual Charging Forward Report (our state of the industry report).
Here's where you can download the full report: http://bit.ly/ChargingForward

ChargePoint-EV.jpg

Charging Forward provides a vivid snapshot of the state of electric mobility, tracks the growth of EV charging and mass EV adoption, and paints a picture of what’s to come in electric mobility, utilities, fleets, vehicle technology and more.

In addition to taking a look back at the year before, the Charging Forward report takes a look forward, making several predictions about what’s to come in the world of e-mobility.

By 2020, we're estimating that more than three million public charging spots will be installed globally, supporting the mass adoption of electric vehicles around the world. As electric infrastructure grows, utilities and automakers will explore new business models that reflect the new realities and technologies associated with e-mobility.

powersurge said:
Hello Charge Point,

I am very happy to see your presence in this forum. I have been using your network for almost 3 years now, and consider your public presence to be one of the most positive forces out there to help advertise and introduce the EV lifestyle to our country.

I appreciate that you would like to get more chargepoint stations, as I would love to see them all over and use the stations EVERYWHERE.... Your interest in getting new businesses and organizations to become network members is the KEY to the future of electric vehicles.

However, I think that your business model of asking the public to request stations is not the most efficient. We as consumers really cannot be referring business to you because the businesses themselves may not even know that these things exist, and not understand the benefits of charging stations.

I think that you ALREADY have a major group that is interested in helping you and will directly benefit by your success.... And that group is US, the current EV drivers who understand the benefits of your charging stations. In effect, WE can be the soldiers in our fight to popularize the electric cars and the mainstream charging station presence in our country.

I would STRONGLY request that your company share the details of how a business installs your charging stations. In addition, please give us a printable flyer that we, the consumers could share with all the businesses, offices, parks, schools, churches, gas stations, etc. If the consumers who work, shop, worship, or frequent would ask these places for the charging stations, I am sure that you will get a fantastic response if we had printed information for them to inquire about your services.

I have many ideas to share in the future, if you would like to continue contact, please private message me.

Again, thank you for your very needed and appreciated services.....

I wholeheartedly agree powersurge, you took the words right outta my mouth :)

L34FLuV3R said:
powersurge said:
Hello Charge Point,

I am very happy to see your presence in this forum. I have been using your network for almost 3 years now, and consider your public presence to be one of the most positive forces out there to help advertise and introduce the EV lifestyle to our country.....

I wholeheartedly agree powersurge, you took the words right outta my mouth :)

I provided a few resources in my previous response, in case you'd like to take a look at them too! I hope this helps :) http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=504738#p504738

I see a slew of SF city paid garages that have had Charge Point free stations for the last seven plus years are now charging as of Jan about $2 just to plug in and $.20 a Kkw hr. I expect this to be the new norm. So if you charge for 30 min you pay about $2.60 for 3Kwh or $.86 a Kwh.

TeamChargePoint said:
We've recently released our annual Charging Forward Report (our state of the industry report).
Here's where you can download the full report: http://bit.ly/ChargingForward

ChargePoint-EV.jpg

Charging Forward provides a vivid snapshot of the state of electric mobility, tracks the growth of EV charging and mass EV adoption, and paints a picture of what’s to come in electric mobility, utilities, fleets, vehicle technology and more.

In addition to taking a look back at the year before, the Charging Forward report takes a look forward, making several predictions about what’s to come in the world of e-mobility.

By 2020, we're estimating that more than three million public charging spots will be installed globally, supporting the mass adoption of electric vehicles around the world. As electric infrastructure grows, utilities and automakers will explore new business models that reflect the new realities and technologies associated with e-mobility.

Our Charging Forward report is now interactive!

2a0demx.png

Everywhere a driver parks becomes an opportunity to charge, and considering that most cars are parked more than 90% of the time, that’s a lot of charging!

Choose a time of day on the slider at the link to see where EV drivers are charging.: http://bit.ly/ChargingForward2

Back