2011 Leaf Driver Window won't work

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doney6

Hello!

I have a 2011 Leaf and having problems with the driver power window. It will not auto up or down. When I try to activate the switch, it will move the window about an 1/8 of an inch, then stop. I can move it up or down, an 1/8 of an inch at a time, but have to keep activating the switch. The motor is good. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

doney6

I would pull the door panel off and see if there is anything mechanically hanging up the travel of the window.

I just replaced the window regulator assembly in another car I have, so they do go bad occasionally. But I've never heard of it happening with a LEAF before...

A regulator assembly for the LEAF is around $100....

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/oem-nissan-leaf-window-regulator.html

Thanks Randy!

I forgot to mention it does the same thing with the motor removed from the mechanism. The window regulator assembly moves freely when rotating the cam.

Hello,

For those of you who are following this issue...............The fix was a new driver door switch assembly. The assembly contains electronics that control multiple signals, to and from the BCM and the driver motor encoder.

Thanks for following up, doney6. And welcome to the LEAF forum!

I sure hope ours fail before the extended warranty is up. That said, I seem to remember the one on the driver's door was already replaced. Hmmm.

Juke replacement unit is cheaper than the leafs
Juke part number is for 2010-2015 25401-1KA0B
$40 bucks on amazon

Back