Where are the 2018's?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
I think there are few cars currently on the lot for sale although someone in S. Cal mentioned his dealer invited him to test drive a car to buy so who knows?

That was me. Dealer says it’s brand new and is ready for sale to anyone. It’s not a demo car.

tuningin said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
I think there are few cars currently on the lot for sale although someone in S. Cal mentioned his dealer invited him to test drive a car to buy so who knows?

That was me. Dealer says it’s brand new and is ready for sale to anyone. It’s not a demo car.

Have you seen it? How many others are there? What is name of Dealer?

Oh Boy! I can feel the excitement!!!!

This almost sounds like Black Friday, looking for a $1000 TV for $200...

Will there be fights for the Leaf in the parking lot?>??

DaveinOlyWA said:
tuningin said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Have you seen it? How many others are there? What is name of Dealer?

Metro Nissan in Montclair. I haven't gone there to look at it since I did that Nissan Drive Experience a couple of months ago and already got a good feel for it. The guy has been telling me to go over and test drive it, meaning that he has it.

Per his email. He has one Leaf right now and will have "a couple more" later this week.

DaveinOlyWA said:
For those who have not heard, I am carless... In reality, I have a car, just not a car I could care less about.

Guessing because the claim was handled by my insurance company, the process went a bit quicker but NMAC has been paid off, I have check in cyberhand (EFT) and there is NO LEAF IN SIGHT!!!!

WTF??? 2018 is half over and still nothing!!!

I paid well over $100 in gas this month! I am sooooo embarrassed to admit that! :shock:

Has anyone received theirs yet?
Umm, 2018 just started, it is not half over.

(Not a Nissan story.) I had a dealer once tell me he had the car I was looking for. 30 minutes later when I arrived to look at it and take it for a test drive, he claimed it just sold. But he had other cars that would be a good match for me, oh sorry they are $5k more expensive than the model/configuation you wanted... Odd that the car and buyer were nowhere around. I've never seen a purchase and delivery take place in under 30 minutes before. That dealer lost out on a lot of business since then.

I will believe the dealer has the car and they are for sale when someone reputable on this forum actually indicates they have driven one home having completed the purchase/lease.

I just got this from the salesman who sold me my LEAF and knows I was interested in when the 2018s arrive. I very much doubt he is pulling a bait-and-switch.
We have 2 New 2018 Model LEAF's that just arrived. Do you have time to stop in this week to see and drive one? Please let me know what time may work best for you.

edatoakrun said:
Looking like we could see >1k USA 2018 LEAF sales this month.
I think I've counted three semi-firm commitments so far on this forum. I'm not counting the very interested posters ... at $200 a month and nothing down groupies LOL

How about you, Ed ? $400 a month should do it. Just eat your shorts.

Got an email from our local Massachusetts dealer today that they have 3 to look at.

If you're in Frisco Texas they have a couple on the lot for 7K over MSRP..... :eek:

A dealer out here is quoting leases for the an S for $299 instead of $229 as advertised by Nissan, with all the same terms and downpayment.

If they are on the lot for more than a week at this point, I would suspect that the dealer is waiting for someone who will overpay for the car.

One thing you can always do when a dealer is charging more than the national offers is to tell them you want the exact terms of the national offer. They have to give you them, although you have to watch for hidden overcharges.

Test drove one yesterday. Nissan did not show that inventory at the dealer. They said they received their first two, had sold one and one was left.

I was very pleasantly surprised. Like many of the reviews, it seems like an incremental improvement in many/most areas. Its just a nicer, better, faster, larger LEAF with better range etc.

I had written off the LEAF thinking I was going to get a Model 3, but now Elon has postponed the $35k Model 3 to 2019 and is prioritizing any higher priced models ahead of it. Tax rebate will be reduced or gone by the time they make the $35k version, if they ever do make it. Makes the new LEAF, even with only 150mile range interesting. Only killer is the lack of TMS. No way I would buy it, but if they offer a good lease deal I could be tempted.

dm33 said:
Only killer is the lack of TMS. No way I would buy it, but if they offer a good lease deal I could be tempted.
It should be available about the same time as the $35K Tesla Model S in the 60 kWh version. But you may face the same problem regarding the 7500 federal tax credit by the time it comes out.

Today:
>>"......... Good News! Nissan shipped us 5 extra Leafs that we were not anticipating on receiving - so they are all available for test drive and for purchase. Are you available to stop in sometime this weekend to check them out in person?>>
Mossy Nissan Kearny Mesa

jake14mw said:
I keep coming back to this thread thinking I am going to see the first picture of someone with their new 2018 Leaf, but nothing yet!

skamithi said:
Just got a 2018 nissan leaf. 12 hours later i discovered a weird annoying thing. Works great except it makes a whistling sound coming from the driver windscreen area when you drive above 50 mph. DIdn't hear it until the cabin was completely silent. Sounds like you are in a minor wind gust. Dealership says the problem has to be looked by "nissan engineers". Not sure what that means. Will they fix it? who knows?

So my advice, when you test drive the car.. Tell the sales guy to shut up. Drive the car above 50 mph and make sure it doesn't make a whistling sound...

Until then I will keep my radio on so I don't hear that sound while driving down the highway.

Here is the first 2018 purchase reported on MNL (that I'm aware of).

I just got an email from a salesman at Stadium Nissan of Orange county. It seems like they just received a shipment.

I could not wait and I leased my B250E so I am out of the market.

Back