Resetting air bag light / replaced the 12v battery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tegu

Hello - Hope someone could help me with this.
Just got a leaf from a dealer which had a low 12v battery.
I replaced the battery and cleared a ton of codes with LeafSpy. Took it to a dealer who cleared the airbag code for me, but sadly the light is still flashing (3 secs on 2 sec off).

How do I reset the airbag light? I've done the turning the car on and off 3 times a few times, but just stuck.

Any advice would be great - thanks!

If you just bought it from a dealer, you might want to take it back and have them check the air bag system. There is likely something wrong because I never had air bag warnings that would not clear with Leaf Spy after 12-volt battery failures in both 2011 and 2015 Leafs that I have owned. In fact, something wrong with air bag system might have contributed to the low 12-volt battery in the first place.

GerryAZ said:
If you just bought it from a dealer, you might want to take it back and have them check the air bag system. There is likely something wrong because I never had air bag warnings that would not clear with Leaf Spy after 12-volt battery failures in both 2011 and 2015 Leafs that I have owned. In fact, something wrong with air bag system might have contributed to the low 12-volt battery in the first place.

Thanks for the reply. Will bring it to the dealer again!

Back