Committed LEAF 2018 Buyer: Raise Your Hand

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That wouldn't be "classic" for Nissan. They prefer to over-promise and under-deliver.

On a related note, I'm negotiating to lease a Bolt Premiere. I'll still go for a 2018 Leaf if the tax credit is confirmed safe well before 12/31/17, but otherwise I'll be driving a Bolt.

LeftieBiker said:
That wouldn't be "classic" for Nissan. They prefer to over-promise and under-deliver.

On a related note, I'm negotiating to lease a Bolt Premiere. I'll still go for a 2018 Leaf if the tax credit is confirmed safe well before 12/31/17, but otherwise I'll be driving a Bolt.
Do you follow
http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/2016/07/current-lease-offers-for-selected-evs.html

A Bolt is listed in NY at 25 cents a mile for a 10k miles/year lease.

No, I don't follow the lease steals for two reasons: I'd be leasing locally, so they'd be nothing more than comparison tools, and I see lease offers almost daily in the Bolt forum. Second, I would want an optioned-out car, not one optioned for a low price ad. If I can get this Premiere for $300/month, with the front seat skins swapped for cloth, I'll still consider it. Failing that, 2018 Leaf SV here I come.

LeftieBiker said:
Failing that, 2018 Leaf SV here I come.
I take it you have a lease offer for under $300 a month from a Nissan dealer ?

I've always found lease offers interesting, if for no other reason than they present a riddle to unravel. This offer from Toyota for a Highlander valued at ~ $31k after a $2k downpayment is based on a $23k residual. So $10k of manufacturer estimated depreciation costs $3,000+ 299*35+ TTL + dealer garbage fees + lease return fees spread over 36 months.

I'll be quite surprised if Nissan estimates depreciation at anything less than 50% but I'm happy to be be shown wrong.

-------
Toyota Lease Example

uc

I expect the early Leaf leases to be too expensive. I can afford to wait until Spring, or even until Memorial Day weekend. I'm also willing to pay a bit more for the Leaf's comfort than for the Bolt's long range and high HP.

That Highlander lease offer makes for a good Leaf comparison tool.

LeftieBiker said:
No, I don't follow the lease steals for two reasons: I'd be leasing locally, so they'd be nothing more than comparison tools, and I see lease offers almost daily in the Bolt forum. Second, I would want an optioned-out car, not one optioned for a low price ad. If I can get this Premiere for $300/month, with the front seat skins swapped for cloth, I'll still consider it. Failing that, 2018 Leaf SV here I come.

I too would like to pick up a Bolt, I just cannot afford them unfortunately and I won't be able to afford the new Leaf. My current plan is to wait until they start showing up used for 50% or more off MSRP (if current EV resale trends continue) and pick one up then. Failing that, I'll probably end up getting a first gen Leaf since they are so cheap and I rarely drive more than 10 - 20 miles a day (at the moment at least).

After considering this for awhile and weighing "wants" vs. "needs", I will most likely purchase my 2015 lease and invest some of the remainder in a PV solar system for the house. The 2015 lease has got a reasonable residual, the most lizardly battery so far, and for the upcoming year I really don't need any more range. For 2019 I may need a longer-range car. This should give time to see how this new era of EV competition begins to sort itself out.

I’m about as committed as you can possibly get. I just got word that my delivery was pushed up to February 10th. Unfortunately the Bolt isn’t available where I live in Japan, but I’m excited about my purchase. I’ll get my ¥400,000 EV subsidy (about $3,600 right now) on the 29th of this month. That’s the first 10 payments right there.

Nubo said:
After considering this for awhile and weighing "wants" vs. "needs", I will most likely purchase my 2015 lease and invest some of the remainder in a PV solar system for the house. The 2015 lease has got a reasonable residual, the most lizardly battery so far, and for the upcoming year I really don't need any more range. For 2019 I may need a longer-range car. This should give time to see how this new era of EV competition begins to sort itself out.
:: two thumbs up::

The LEAFs were put on hold in January because I was told by my sales person that Nissan wanted to ship them to dealers all at the same time, hence all the February deliveries. Of course, there could have been a problem though that they needed time to fix. My 2018 SV that I plan to lease is scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning, February 12 (Lincoln’s bd), and is supposed to be ready by the afternoon. My insurance through MetLife is only $80/mo. :D

Well, as you might know, my ability to wait for my first choice has been severely compromised so I elected an S with QC, weather and floor mats and it will be here between the 11th and the 17th.

My first choice; SV with tech, weather and mats in green was not scheduled to arrive til March but right now, timetables are approximately a month behind.

But the thought of gassing it as much as two more months was not a thing I am willing to put up with.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Well, as you might know, my ability to wait for my first choice has been severely compromised so I elected an S with QC, weather and floor mats and it will be here between the 11th and the 17th.

My first choice; SV with tech, weather and mats in green was not scheduled to arrive til March but right now, timetables are approximately a month behind.

But the thought of gassing it as much as two more months was not a thing I am willing to put up with.

I would have rented you one of mine if you were in my neck of the desert.

In Canada, specifically Ontario, I know many authorized Leaf dealers have received NFS unit(s). I test drove one this past weekend. Very nice.

Am considering putting an order in for SL model. Was told delivery would be April/May with a slight chance of end of March (Nissan's Corporate Fiscal Year End - so they will push as hard as they can) if I ordered within next week or so.

I'll throw my hat into the ring. Going to order SL Jade Frost at the end of this week. Was told normal delivery should be April or May latest. However, with Nissan Corp Fiscal Year end March 31st, they may accelerate orders to ship as much as possible. Since Jade Frost is not a common colour, that would take longer then the Pearl White, Black or others.

I'll update once our order is in and we get some feedback, but excited to finally be entering the EV realm!

kennethbokor said:
I'll throw my hat into the ring. Going to order SL Jade Frost at the end of this week. Was told normal delivery should be April or May latest. However, with Nissan Corp Fiscal Year end March 31st, they may accelerate orders to ship as much as possible. Since Jade Frost is not a common colour, that would take longer then the Pearl White, Black or others.

I'll update once our order is in and we get some feedback, but excited to finally be entering the EV realm!

Jade Frost was my choice and it was always listed as a delayed option but looks like we will start seeing our first in Mid March. I simply can't wait that long though.... I am LEAFless and its kinda killing me... :(

Back