2018 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GetOffYourGas said:
rcm4453 said:
Why would anyone pay over $500/month to lease a Leaf?!

That's a funny way to say "Congratulations on getting one of the first new Leafs!"

Well it's absurd to pay that much for a leaf you could lease a nice luxury car for that kind of money! $200 - $300 is reasonable for a Leaf but $500+ is off the chart for this car!

rcm4453 said:
GetOffYourGas said:
rcm4453 said:
Why would anyone pay over $500/month to lease a Leaf?!

That's a funny way to say "Congratulations on getting one of the first new Leafs!"

Well it's absurd to pay that much for a leaf you could lease a nice luxury car for that kind of money!...
No, you couldn't. The 15k miles-per-year lease and no down only makes the payment appear high.

You could probably lease a base 2017 Bolt for about the same ~43 cents per mile, on a 10 k mile per year lease:

http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/2016/07/current-lease-offers-for-selected-evs.html

The fact is, simply got a ~$2.5k discount from list price. Not too bad, IMO, if you want one of the first 2018 LEAFs.

Nissan's locator is showing "my" 2018, the one I ordered (no deposit) is now in my local dealer's inventory.

I figured the dealer would probably want pretty close to full list price, but it now appears the price may be low enough to be interesting.

Nissani Brothers in Culver City, CA has eight 2018 Leafs on the lot. I own a 2013 Leaf S. I took a 15 minute test drive.Most interesting feature is the e pedal. Its pretty cool (reminds me of a golf cart). When you take your foot off the accelerator there is a small learning curve to mastering the speed to stopping distance . I tried not to use the brake , however several times i overran a stop sign. I'm going to wait until the longer range version comes out. Also will look at the Kia Niro and Hyundai Kona EVs, which are coming to market later this year.

edatoakrun said:

Oh yes you can!

8 Best Luxury Car Leases Under $400 This February

2018 Acura TLX

Deal: $299 per month for 36 months with $2,499 due at signing

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/best-luxury-car-leases-under-400

I'm sure with a little negotiating you could even get the 15k miles/year for the same or even a little less then the Leaf lease.

I'm paying $287/month and only put $500 down on my 2016 Leaf SV lease. Many people got better deals then I did but I leased it right when 2016s came out rather then waiting. I believe sticker was around $34k - $35k. Being that the 2018s have a similar sticker price it's totally absurd to pay $500+/month to lease one!

Who cares about the deal this person got? The ink is dry on the contract.

How’s the car? How’s the range? How’s the adaptive cruise?

rcm4453 said:
...I'm paying $287/month and only put $500 down on my 2016 Leaf SV lease...!
And if you want to (again) wait ~five years after the 2018 LEAF model introduction, I'm sure you'll get a hell of a good a deal on a 2023...

mtndrew1 said:
Who cares about the deal this person got?...
Anyone who is trying to decide how much to offer to buy or lease a 2018 LEAF.

Many other threads already cover those other 2018 LEAF subjects.

Any more buyers willing to post what they paid here?

Don't have mine yet but a synopsis of what one might expect. This is my worst case scenario

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2018/02/leaf-leases-what-will-you-pay.html

The richness of a manufacturer's purchase incentives has much to do with the time of the year, and how new the product offering is. The worst time to get the most out of an incentive is in the last quarter of a manufacturer's fiscal year, for a vehicle that is newly available in that quarter. The logic is that if the product is anticipated, and has good buzz that there will be enough buyers that want the to be the first to have the product more than they want a good deal. Forecasts are adjusted accordingly.

Follow-on quarters in the summer and fall and prior to a new version of the product to be introduced are the best times to get a deal.

The worst time to get the most out of an incentive is in the last quarter of a manufacturer's fiscal year, for a vehicle that is newly available in that quarter. The logic is that if the product is anticipated, and has good buzz that there will be enough buyers that want the to be the first to have the product more than they want a good deal. Forecasts are adjusted accordingly.

That is only true if sales are strong. In the case of the Bolt, the last quarter of 2017 was the BEST time to buy or lease one, with the largest incentives available. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happen with the Leaf Too.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Don't have mine yet but a synopsis of what one might expect. This is my worst case scenario

Are you definitely going with a Leaf? Totally out on the Bolt?

jhm614 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Are you definitely going with a Leaf? Totally out on the Bolt?

Bolt is way too much money and not way too much more car. its an econobox with a big battery with last decade tech. In my case, the LEAF would be thousands cheaper especially on a lease to purchase

Talked to my dealer and my choices of a Green LEAF with SV, tech, etc will be a longer wait than anticipated as Nissan's delivery schedule was slid back one month so cars he was expecting Mid Jan, arrived today.

So waiting another month is not an option for me as I have been LEAFless for a month and a day so looks like I will have to take the much larger savings and get another S...

But did find out my MF. .00036 or .864% interest

edatoakrun said:
rcm4453 said:
...I'm paying $287/month and only put $500 down on my 2016 Leaf SV lease...!
And if you want to (again) wait ~five years after the 2018 LEAF model introduction, I'm sure you'll get a hell of a good a deal on a 2023...

mtndrew1 said:
Who cares about the deal this person got?...
Anyone who is trying to decide how much to offer to buy or lease a 2018 LEAF.

Many other threads already cover those other 2018 LEAF subjects.

Any more buyers willing to post what they paid here?

Do you honestly think they will still be making this 40kwh Leaf five years from now?! I sure don't! If people could wait until the end of this year they wouldn't be stuck paying $500+/month.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed.

S trim with QC and Weather (yes heated steering wheel is back) 15,000 annual miles

$365 a month, zero down. That is my offer. But I will be making a down payment which lowers rent charge and a quick analysis and call to my insurance company insures no risk in case of immediate catastrophe.

So we break lease terms down.

Lease cash; S $9250, SV, $7500 SL $7900.

MF .00036 (May vary due to credit, etc. )
Effective interest. .864 %
Rent Charge (in my case which will vary based on MF, options, trim and Down payment) $478

$3922 down, $252 a month.

FYI; I wanted SV with tech and weather in Green but Green is late intro and back when I had a
LEAF I was ok waiting but all that has changed along with the fact that WA dealers received their "Late Dec" shipments this weekend which means my Car is at least 30 days out and that could very well turn out to be 60 days.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Agreed.

S trim with QC and Weather (yes heated steering wheel is back) 15,000 annual miles

$365 a month, zero down. That is my offer. But I will be making a down payment which lowers rent charge and a quick analysis and call to my insurance company insures no risk in case of immediate catastrophe.

Rent Charge (in my case which will vary based on MF, options, trim and Down payment) $478

FYI; I wanted SV with tech and weather in Green but Green is late intro and back when I had a
LEAF I was ok waiting but all that has changed along with the fact that WA dealers received their "Late Dec" shipments this weekend which means my Car is at least 30 days out and that could very well turn out to be 60 days.

Well you obviously know what you're doing the OP got ripped off!

rcm4453 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Agreed.

Well you obviously know what you're doing the OP got ripped off!

hmmmm, not really. different car. My effective monthly would still be $354 with the burden of a large down payment. He also got a much more expensive car although the zero down will cost him in additional rent charges. But the rate is low. In my case, I have a vested interest in reducing the residual since it will be a taxable amount if I purchase.

The European launch was earlier than the North American launch.

It looks like they are offering discounts on purchases already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUDZFN1Wf1g

Back