Anyone heard of "Rangemore" Nissan Leaf 10kW extension pack?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't say whether it includes the hitch-mounted carry rack or not. And IIRC, the hitches that can be installed on the Leaf can't carry a large amount of weight on the tongue. (And that photo looks photo-shopped.) You'd probably need a trailer for it.

Kind of expensive at $7.1k/10wh but I'm wondering if it comes with the hitch rack? how else could you haul it around?
I guess the price isn't as bad as a 5kw?? battery pack I looked at for my old Prius, AFAIR it was about the same price but that included installation. It was by a company called Re-go, they also sold a cheaper 1.5kw?? version that was more popular and I believe closer to $2.5k but I didn't get either. Oh the company only lasted a few years and went out of business :(

EDIT:
Well old age is getting the best of me :( I finally found my old brochure for ReGo, the one I was looking for last night but couldn't find, here are the correct numbers :oops:
$5k(less $500 Fed tax credit at the time)=$4.5k for a 4kwh lithium-ion battery for your old Prius. This included installation and a proprietary 120v charger, it would sit where the spare is(you get a plug kit and can of fix-a-flat) and they say charges in ~6hrs. While you can run in EV only with a push button they install, it's mainly meant for increasing your MPG, they say 40-100% in city and 20-40% hwy or as the headline says, make your Prius 45mpg day into a 75mpg day!
For $13.5k(ouch, this was what I was thinking about back in '11 when I learned about it, less $1.35k fed tax credit) you got a 10kwh LiOn battery, good for up to 40 EV only miles with a top speed of 53mph. In the end I ended up getting my '13S Leaf but I really thought about it at the time.
So back to the "Rangemore" I guess it's $7.5k for a 10kwh battery is better than ~$12k but both are pretty high when you consider what someone like Nissan or Tesla pays for the raw batteries of course they are buying in super large quantities and not what a company like "Rangemore" could get them for, nor lots of other costs associated with what they'd have to contend with.....Too bad more companies didn't come out with such things, competition would help lower the costs......well if people actually bought it ;)

Can't imagine they'll sell a single one of those...

If you have an older 2011/2012 LEAF, for that kind of money it would make way more sense to purchase a new pack from Nissan, since adding 10 kWh to an 8 bar LEAF is only going to bump the range up to what a new 24 kWh pack would provide anyways.

If you have a newer LEAF with a healthy 24 kWh or 30 kWh pack and want 10 kWh more range, it would make way more sense to sell your current LEAF and buy a 40 kWh 2018 LEAF instead.

This product has no market niche whatsoever.

Back