Official Tesla Model 3 thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVDRIVER said:
I guess we should also ignore the fact that all the LEAFs had bugs in their software as well. The trolling, will continue endlessly.

2012 software issues that were never resolved:
1) Faulty 12 volt battery algorithm that has left me with a dead battery several times after being on vacation for a week, even with the solar panel exposed to the sun all week.
2) Grabby brake issue that was only 50% resolved by the TSB.
3) Worthless Guessometer.
4) I still have to tap on the screen EVERY time I start the car to acknowledge Carwings, even though it doesn't work anymore, and even though newer models only have to acknowledge once a month or so. No OTA updates to fix that.
I'm sure that there are more, but I can't think of any at the moment. BTW, anyone who quotes Seeking Alpha should just be ignored, IMO. I suspect there are HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS, of people who have received their Model 3 with no issues, but that wouldn't make the news.

Not only have there been big delays on the initial roll out, but there are now 2 reports of fast charging killing the car!
http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25365

Let's summarize, PM motors are blowing up, everyone's 12V is dying, all cars are riddled with bugs, and Tesla never considered profit margins in their cars on the base models. The sky has fallen multiple times and in the meantime Nissan is rolling out high-range bug free cars in mass quantity. If you drive a Tesla within 50 feet of Lorenfb the car will self destruct. So be careful....

EVDRIVER said:
Let's summarize, PM motors are blowing up, everyone's 12V is dying, all cars are riddled with bugs, and Tesla never considered profit margins in their cars on the base models. The sky has fallen multiple times and in the meantime Nissan is rolling out high-range bug free cars in mass quantity. If you drive a Tesla within 50 feet of Lorenfb the car will self destruct. So be careful....

:eek: :shock: :( :roll: :D :lol: +1

keydiver said:
EVDRIVER said:
I suspect there are HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS, of people who have received their Model 3 with no issues, but that wouldn't make the news.

So where is your M3 in the queue? Are you one of the those that might get delivery of one by early 2019 (maybe) or did you opt for paying
$50K+, then maybe by late 2018? Since you're a Tesla owner, you should be "in the front", right? You would be candid about any issues
once your M3 arrives and post here, right? But most likely not, as just another Tesla fanboy!

anyone who quotes Seeking Alpha should just be ignored, IMO

Care to refute what was presented in the quoted post, or too incapable to develop a rational argument? Like most who post in this thread,
just limited to ad hominem attacks or brain dead!

All of your answers are in the orevious posts. Stated clearly and repeatedly. Even directed toward you with the answers already there.

EVDRIVER said:
All of your answers are in the orevious posts. Stated clearly and repeatedly. Even directed toward you with the answers already there.

Can't really say anything about an automotive company that "gave away" $20K of shareholder wealth with each vehicle delivered in 2017, right?
Or how about an automotive company that took about $.4B in deposits from potential customers and after three years (2019) those customers
might see a M3 delivery. That has to be a first in any industry. Speaks well for that company's CEO and his hyperbole, right?

Why don’t you back up your statements with facts. Also, you realize we live in a free market economy and deposit holders have a choice and can get a refund? They have no promise by or contract with Tesla and many companies never deliver on products they promise ever. I think you have a deposit and are just bitter you won’t get what you want when you want it and at the price you hoped. If I’m wrong do as you say and stop being a hypocrite and avoiding the question. As started many times before, my reservation was open to order In about Jan. I may just pass all together as I think the 3 is too much of a step down in many ways from the S. So please let everyone know if you have or had a deposit or put a sock in it and move on to another thread. You won’t convince anyone of anything or shape any opinions if you keep acting like an astroturfer for Nissan. Getting really tiresome and frankly pathetic actually....

Let me say what I don’t like about the 3 vs the s

Lots of tire and road noise, some being improved in newer releases

Plain seats that were intentionally dumbed down as they were originally nicer than the S

Cheaper than acceptable interior feel on the dash and seats

Cheap looking headliner material for a car of this price

The rest is just class of vehicle choices like size, storage, etc.

However, I can confirm the prototype AWD car feels better, handle much better and have more regen and are faster 0-60. What makes it to production is another matter.

Noise dampening and trim fixes are already being adjusted. Paint quality is better than the older S and new interior options are on the way.

EVDRIVER said:
That was hilarious.

The continuous thing that people overlook is that when problems are identified (that they didn't account for or show up on S or X platforms) that they can put out Over-The-Air/OTA updates to tweak the software or revamp it. They can do this in moderation to monitor it or in mass.

OTA updates are a SUBSTANTIAL thing that other manufacturers do NOT have and then they take considerably longer to put out cars as they try to make as-perfect-as-possible interfaces and component interactions.

NWuAdiv.jpg

Tesla Model 3 updates
HfeZDZx.jpg

scottf200 said:
EVDRIVER said:
That was hilarious.

The continuous thing that people overlook is that when problems are identified (that they didn't account for or show up on S or X platforms) that they can put out Over-The-Air/OTA updates to tweak the software or revamp it. They can do this in moderation to monitor it or in mass.

OTA updates are a SUBSTANTIAL thing that other manufacturers do NOT have and then they take considerably longer to put out cars as they try to make as-perfect-as-possible interfaces and component interactions.

NWuAdiv.jpg

Tesla Model 3 updates
HfeZDZx.jpg

You are aware that not all vehicle problems can be resolved by OTA updates, i.e. there're ECUs which can only be re-flashed (updated)
by having the vehicle at the service department using the vehicle's diagnostic tool, e.g. for Nissan - the Consult tool. And in many cases,
the ECU can't easily be re-flashed by the OEM's diagnostic tool, but must be sent back or replaced by the ECU's OEM, e.g. an ABS ECU,
a suspension controller, or the motor controller. A good example is the present Nissan Leaf problem with the TCU module causing
problematic issues with the 12V battery, i.e. most likely the TCU in all likelihood must be replaced. So OTA updates are useful for tweaking
UI issues and major mods to the AP system, but is very limited when it comes to major problematic running/driveability issues.
Remember, Tesla vehicles as is the case for all automotive vehicles, in addition to the main system processor (for UI & AP), have
distributed processors (ECUs) that function independently based on each ECU's firmware. Most vehicles today may easily have 10-20
distributed processors connected via a network (multiple CAN systems), which aren't easily updated by an OTA when issues arise.

Tesla Model 3 has been hacked, revealing more details about the car
Electrek said:
It’s why it’s not surprising that someone has now managed to hack the Model 3’s ‘factory mode’ – revealing a few interesting details in the process.

‘Factory mode’ is a version of Tesla’s onboard software in its vehicles used to perform final tests and diagnostics before shipping the car out of the factory.

It has a toolbox screen that can give some interesting information about the vehicle’s powertrain.
BTW, is "Ingineerix" on YouTube mentioned in the article the same as "Ingineer" here? I assume he is.

RegGuheert said:
BTW, is "Ingineerix" on YouTube mentioned in the article the same as "Ingineer" here? I assume he is.
Yes, one and the same.

His under the frunk videos are posted at https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/model-3-teardown-whats-under-the-frunk.108799/.

lpickup said:
Yes, still supply constrained unfortunately, otherwise I'm sure it would have easily been near (or at) the top.
Agreed.

It looks like about 2485 were sold in February. It's ahead of the 2018 LEAF in the U.S. but with Nissan cranking them out of three factories now, it's still losing ground worldwide. It will be interesting to see how these two stack up as the year progresses.

With only an average delivery rate of about 500 M3s per week (~ 8 weeks per InsideEVs), a production rate per Elon of 2500 per week
by the end of Q1 seems possible only for those "smoking the good stuff".

lorenfb said:
With only an average delivery rate of about 500 M3s per week (~ 8 weeks per InsideEVs), a production rate per Elon of 2500 per week
by the end of Q1 seems possible only for those "smoking the good stuff".

What is your point? People need to wait a bit longer, so what? You need some of that "good stuff". Why don't you troll some of the 2018 LEAF issues and monitor those delivery numbers?

No stopping a troll from trolling. His character and personality are built on tearing down and being negative. Unfortunately it's who he is and we should try to embrace him anyway, at least for being himself.

Back