New Nissan EV app is out!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jake14mw said:
Does anyone have any similar apps for their other cars? Are they as buggy as this one? The APP does look nicer, but these issues being reported are big ones. I'm not sure how a new app gets released like that.

The fact is the old/original Leaf app had none of these problems. Maybe Nissan had a new set of developers design this one (if so, they should re-hire the original ones)?
There have been other (excellent) third party Leaf apps, but most were invalidated by Nissan changing their API or account access.

Stanton said:
jake14mw said:
Does anyone have any similar apps for their other cars? Are they as buggy as this one? The APP does look nicer, but these issues being reported are big ones. I'm not sure how a new app gets released like that.

The fact is the old/original Leaf app had none of these problems. Maybe Nissan had a new set of developers design this one (if so, they should re-hire the original ones)?
There have been other (excellent) third party Leaf apps, but most were invalidated by Nissan changing their API or account access.

The old APP didn't have THESE problems, but it had plenty of it's own problems, the main one being that it connected when it wanted to, and was very slow to connect when it does. I just want the APP to be reliable. I would have taken the old APP's lesser interface and just have them work to make it connect reliably.

I just went back to LEAF Manager (on Android). Every other day I have to re-login ("wrench" icon -> "Log In") but otherwise it remains stable and reliable and doesn't tell lies. Unfortunately, it still depends upon Nissan's back-end.

http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11476&p=264808

My new app didn't update from the car every since the new app was installed, it took a few steps for me to get it working on my 2014 LEAF:
1) Carwings settings in the LEAF - erase password and retype it and 'send' (can get the pin/password from the Carwings/NissanConnect EV website)
2) pull the 'Audio' fuse to reset the 3G module (20A fuse in box to left of 12V battery)
3) start the Leaf so it would connect to the center
4) log into Carwings website and 'Refresh status'. That successfully updated the website from the car
5) refresh the status from the iPhone app. Finally the app gave a correct status (unplugged, 100% charged, status time updated)

I don't know which of these was the final solution, but I had tried everything except #2 with no success in the last couple of days.

Hopefully it will keep working from this point...

tagleader said:
My new app didn't update from the car every since the new app was installed, it took a few steps for me to get it working on my 2014 LEAF:
1) Carwings settings in the LEAF - erase password and retype it and 'send' (can get the pin/password from the Carwings/NissanConnect EV website)
2) pull the 'Audio' fuse to reset the 3G module (20A fuse in box to left of 12V battery)
3) start the Leaf so it would connect to the center
4) log into Carwings website and 'Refresh status'. That successfully updated the website from the car
5) refresh the status from the iPhone app. Finally the app gave a correct status (unplugged, 100% charged, status time updated)

I don't know which of these was the final solution, but I had tried everything except #2 with no success in the last couple of days.

Hopefully it will keep working from this point...

That's nice that you got it working, but unfortunately we have no idea if the "new" app was really the problem.
Based on my experience, I suspect #2 above (which you said you had not done previously) fix the "problem"...which was probably that the TCU timed out.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: there's no way that simply changing/updating the app would require #1 (or even #4). If so, then you would have to do this every time we used a 3rd party app; all that should ever be required is a log-in (whether it's an app/web/etc.)

The App auto-updated on my phone. At first, it wouldn't even let me log in, so I waited a couple days and tried again. It worked right away, and I didn't have to do anything with the car. The percentage charge never seems to match the car, but the range in miles does, and the remote climate features work.

so i am trying to get the alexa still connected, and it did connect to my car (estoleaf) but my subscription is not active, so it is not letting me send commands like warm the car up or check battery status. Bummer if i have to get some subscription, can do it for free through my phone app and website. i don't see any subscription option under my account anyway.

Marko

EDIT: i can actually check battery status and turn on climate control through alexa, the command i was saying was 'get my car ready to leave' which is not a command the first gen leaf supports. not sure what that means anyway. just tell it to check battery status or turn on climate control, works!

What a mess. Big blue circle obscures % charged and partially obscures the range indicator. Indicates "unplugged" but actually plugged in. Car finder not working. Nissan should be ashamed.

http://stihie.net/lnsDFoKytr/2017/12/23/2018leaf/

We’ve gotten the new app in the UK now, judging by the ID it’s been done by a separate company - it seems pretty stable and IMO the UI is way nicer than the US version

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digitas.android.nissan.carwings&hl=en_GB

The US version just updated yesterday...and I downloaded it.
Looks like it's working (successfully talked to car), but I can't say I like the layout. Does the picture of the car change based on version of Leaf (mine matches my first gen Leaf)?

The new app on my 2017 SV works great. Seems more reliable and a tad bit faster compared to the old EV app.

BTW, one feature i miss from my old BMW i3 is a dash reading that tells you how much time to charge to 100%. The app time to charge to 100% is way way conservative and it shows about 2 hours to go from 90% SOC to full charge even on a 6kW hour charging rate.

Two things (one issue, one new feature) on the new app I just noticed recently.
1) Issue - when plugged in and the car’s timer was set to charge at a later time, the old app would show “Plugged In”, the new app States “Charging” even though not charging, but only plugged in. This is bad information. I went out to the garage to see if the car was actually charging at that time. It was not. Only plugged in and waiting to charge.

2) New feature - you can choose from among several features that you want available on the front dash at the bottom. I added the “Climate Control Timer”. But don’t forget to hit the save button after you make your selection. You can look at the opti9ns by clicking the plus symbol, then scrolling down. You are limited to show 6 of these features at one time. You can minus the ones you don’t often use or don’t want.

Shortly after updating to the new app, I lost my text message notifications for charging stopped, charging complete, etc. Playing with the notification settings in the app and on the Owner Portal website hasn't gotten them to work again. This is unfortunate. After some early hiccups though it does seem to connect to the car more consistently.

I noticed that just recently too: no more text messages. I did a fuse pull yesterday just to see if that fixed the issue.

OTOH, lately it seems like the app has been more reliable when doing a manual update. I've been able to manually turn on the heat when leaving the office and find it actually on by the time I finish the 3 minute to walk to the car. And I noticed it no longer says "unplugged" all the time.

So somethings got better. But I really want text messages back.

mbcladwell said:
Car finder not working.
Is there a Car Finder in NissanConnectEV? Also, I've looked around in the NissanConnect EV&Services app for the "Remote Door Unlock" mentioned in that app's FAQ, but haven't found it. Are these features implemented only in MY 2016+ LEAFs? Or do I need SiriusXM? The app does show the battery charge percentage, so the communications chain is working.

Observed using NissanConnect EV&Services version 6.1 on iPhone 7 under iOS 11.2.6.

[Edit: Found the documentation in the App Store. Car Finder requires MY 2016+. Remote Door Unlock requires MY 2018[+].]

I turned off all my texts in favor of push notifications, but they don’t work. I went to settings>notifications to make sure it was enabled, and the app was missing! Clearly there’s a problem here with the development of this app. Not sure how that was left out. I’m going to see if I can re enable texts.

I stopped getting all notifications and text messages (including charging completed) about 5 weeks ago. I can still manually query remote access.

About the same time they fixed the app/backend to not always say "Unplugged". Not sure if that was an overall improvement.

Nissan connect EV app has been working for me for a month until yesterday. I keep getting "battery status not available, try again later". I've tried everything, hard reboot, reinstall of app in Apple and Android, log out, log in, check when charging, not charging. Anyone knows of a fix.

Leaf4al said:
Nissan connect EV app has been working for me for a month until yesterday. I keep getting "battery status not available, try again later". I've tried everything, hard reboot, reinstall of app in Apple and Android, log out, log in, check when charging, not charging. Anyone knows of a fix.

It happens randomly, sometimes the service is down for maintenance and comes back up without any notification.

I just checked mine, getting the same error as of this writing.

Back