Br4hm4
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:38 am
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 300684
Location: Colorado Springs

2018 Cargo Cover

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:42 am

Odd question I know...but does anyone know if the 2017 cargo cover will fit in the 2018? I notice that on the Nissan USA website, the only cargo cover is a retractable one. I would rather have one that is more of a hard cover like this one I found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/NISSAN-2013-2017 ... argo+cover

If anyone could help out, I would greatly appreciate it. If not, I plan on making my own.

LeaferSutherland
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:26 am
Delivery Date: 22 Feb 2018

Re: 2018 Cargo Cover

Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:44 am

Not sure about older cover but the new one on my 2018 is a hard cover. It attaches to the lift gate so it opens up when open the back. I think someone else posted that they hit their head on it while reaching inside. I did the same thing. I expect to hit it a couple more times before I learn, based on past experience with things like this. Slight wound above eye brow is mostly healed up now.

Br4hm4
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:38 am
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 300684
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: 2018 Cargo Cover

Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:56 am

LeaferSutherland wrote:Not sure about older cover but the new one on my 2018 is a hard cover. It attaches to the lift gate so it opens up when open the back. I think someone else posted that they hit their head on it while reaching inside. I did the same thing. I expect to hit it a couple more times before I learn, based on past experience with things like this. Slight wound above eye brow is mostly healed up now.


First of all...amazing screen name! lol. Second. I am wondering if the description of the cargo cover is incorrect on their website.

LeaferSutherland
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:26 am
Delivery Date: 22 Feb 2018

Re: 2018 Cargo Cover

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:45 pm

In the “build” area is just says “removable cargo cover” which sounds accurate. The one that came from factory on my looks pretty similar to the one you linked from amazon.

In the accessories area I see they do list it as “retractable” which to me seems like one of those roll up deals like a window shade. But for the picture it shows the cargo area with no cover at all. I’m guessing it’s just poorly written description and that they all come with hard cover like mine.

Br4hm4
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:38 am
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 300684
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: 2018 Cargo Cover

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:53 pm

LeaferSutherland wrote:In the “build” area is just says “removable cargo cover” which sounds accurate. The one that came from factory on my looks pretty similar to the one you linked from amazon.

In the accessories area I see they do list it as “retractable” which to me seems like one of those roll up deals like a window shade. But for the picture it shows the cargo area with no cover at all. I’m guessing it’s just poorly written description and that they all come with hard cover like mine.


Exactly...I would rather have the removable. I hate the idea of going to the dealership for anything. But time to make a trip. Might as well charge up while I am there.

efigueroa
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:51 am
Delivery Date: 10 Mar 2018
Leaf Number: 303931

Re: 2018 Cargo Cover

Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:53 am

Br4hm4 wrote:Odd question I know...but does anyone know if the 2017 cargo cover will fit in the 2018? I notice that on the Nissan USA website, the only cargo cover is a retractable one. I would rather have one that is more of a hard cover like this one I found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/NISSAN-2013-2017 ... argo+cover

If anyone could help out, I would greatly appreciate it. If not, I plan on making my own.

the 2017 won't fit in the 2018 we tried to put our old one in and it was a tad too wide. We found out after we took delivery of our new Leaf that the SL is the only trim that comes with a cargo cover. We had the parts store at the dealer order one for us, the part number was 799105SA1A it was not cheap either like $260, but they gave it to us for $170 still was not expecting to pay that much. They say it could take a month or more to get it since no one had one and it is coming from the factory.
Last edited by efigueroa on Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Br4hm4
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:38 am
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 300684
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: 2018 Cargo Cover

Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:05 am

efigueroa wrote:the 2017 won't fit in the 2018 we tired to put our old one in and it was a tad too wide. We found out after we took delivery of our new Leaf that the SL is the only trim that comes with a cargo cover. We had the parts store at the dealer order one for us, the part number was 799105SA1A it was not cheap either like $260, but they gave it to us for $170 still was not expecting to pay that much. They say it could take a month or more to get it since no one had one and it is coming from the factory.


Appreciate that update. I guess I am going to have to break down and give the dealership some money. lol. Thank you!

efigueroa
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:51 am
Delivery Date: 10 Mar 2018
Leaf Number: 303931

Re: 2018 Cargo Cover

Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:25 pm

Fyi, we received our cargo cover today at the dealer, arrived within a couple of days versus a month the parts department had thought it would take.

ookoshi
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:37 am
Delivery Date: 05 Jul 2014

Re: 2018 Cargo Cover

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:36 pm

I can also confirm that the older cargo covers won't fit. After my 2014 Leaf was totaled by the insurance (due to some **** who hit and ran), I bought a 2018 SV and drove it to the body shop to grab my stuff out of the car. I tried fitting both the old cargo organizer and the old cargo cover, but sadly neither fit. So, I just left them in the 2014 Leaf.

If I had known how expensive they were, I would've shoved them in the back of my new Leaf and sold them on e-bay to fund my new cargo cover!
2014 to 2018 -> 2014 Leaf SL (leased, then purchased)
2018 to Present -> 2018 Leaf SV (leased)

tuningin
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:50 pm
Delivery Date: 19 Jan 2018
Location: Southern California

Re: 2018 Cargo Cover

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:49 am

It's a personal preference thing, but I've had over a dozen hatchbacks/wagons with those cargo covers. As of the last few years, I found that I prefer to just do limo tint on the back glass (when I tint the rest of the windows as well) and have done away with the cargo covers. I did the same with the new Leaf and I find it very convenient not having that cargo cover.
Daily Commuter:
2018 Nissan Leaf SV w/Tech

Other Car:
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR

Return to “LEAF Gen 2 & Infiniti EV”