2016 vs 2017 30 kWh battery?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olsonist

With respect to the traction battery, are these basically the same or did the 2017 get any better based on Nissan's experience with the 2016s?
I ask because I'm looking at late model low mile 2016s and 2017s. 2016s are quite reasonable and there's a ton at Kirkland WA.
But 2017s lease returns have asking prices above 2018 - tax credit - loyalty - 5% under MSRP at Bellevue WA.

The battery warranties are the same. FWIW, I live in the reasonably temperate SF Bay Area.

Olsonist said:
FWIW, I live in the reasonably temperate SF Bay Area.
SF Bay Area is very non-specific. For those who are unfamiliar, http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19967&p=464260&hilit=dublin#p464260 is an example of how wide temps can be on a hot summer day: 61 F vs. 102 F. Half Moon Bay and to Livermore are under 52 miles away from each other.

I know some folks in the South Bay with the crappy '11 chemistry who were able to lose 4 bars before 5 year/60K mile capcacity warranty expiration. I know someone who missed it. There was 1 guy here on MNL in San Jose who was 2 miles past because he chose to drive to the dealer instead of having it towed.

Fortunately, the capacity warranty is 8 years/100K miles on the 30 kWh battery.

But yeah, Nissan hasn't said a thing about an chemistry change at all or relating to capacity loss resistance for anything beyond model year '15.

Back