Committed LEAF 2018 Buyer: Raise Your Hand

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jonathanfields4ever said:
kevintylernelson said:
Figured I throw my 2 cents in. I totally agree with the people complaining about the leg room. I just test drove the 2018 SV and noticed this immediately, what a huge let down. It just seems so unnecessary for that Y-shaped portion to expand so much into the leg room space. I'm only 5'10" and do not have super long legs, and it became uncomfortable 15 mins into the drive. My father already complains about the lack of leg room in my 2014 SL, there's literally no way I would realistically be able to drive him around, or have him drive my car. I was already on the fence between the Leaf and Bolt, my choice is now clear.

They really should have tried to move the rear seats back and made some things in the cabin smaller. The trunk is massive. The Leaf is much bigger than the Note, but actually has less interior space.

This 100%, I was pretty surprised by the amount of interior space inside the Bolt when I first test drove it. The center console is practically non-existent when compared with the new Leaf. Plus it's completely flat in the rear seats floor area, which is a nice feature if you're trying to haul something like a large picture frame.

kevintylernelson said:
jonathanfields4ever said:
kevintylernelson said:
Figured I throw my 2 cents in. I totally agree with the people complaining about the leg room. I just test drove the 2018 SV and noticed this immediately, what a huge let down. It just seems so unnecessary for that Y-shaped portion to expand so much into the leg room space. I'm only 5'10" and do not have super long legs, and it became uncomfortable 15 mins into the drive. My father already complains about the lack of leg room in my 2014 SL, there's literally no way I would realistically be able to drive him around, or have him drive my car. I was already on the fence between the Leaf and Bolt, my choice is now clear.

They really should have tried to move the rear seats back and made some things in the cabin smaller. The trunk is massive. The Leaf is much bigger than the Note, but actually has less interior space.

This 100%, I was pretty surprised by the amount of interior space inside the Bolt when I first test drove it. The center console is practically non-existent when compared with the new Leaf. Plus it's completely flat in the rear seats floor area, which is a nice feature if you're trying to haul something like a large picture frame.

The Bolt is a very impressive vehicle. I wish it were available here.

If American car makers can ever crack this market it will be with EVs. People said the cell phone market was impossible. Japanese handsets were too good and the people are too nationalistic about their products. But now Apple dominates and every Japanese handset runs Android. Perhaps Tesla will try to make a push when (if?) the right hand drive Model 3 comes in 2019/2020.

I hope nothing happens to my 2015. I received numerous calls and emails (from local dealer and Nissan) asking me to come look at the 2018 LEAF so I finally did a couple weeks ago. I was intrigued by the larger battery and more powerful motor, but did not even take a test drive. I sat in the loaded SV on the showroom floor and it was obvious that the ergonomics would not work for me. I could not see the speedometer without moving my head to the left and down or moving my right hand and arm away from the steering wheel. The seat felt OK and I did not hit the console with my knee, but my arms were stretched to reach the steering wheel if my legs were comfortable or my legs were folded if I moved the seat forward. I much prefer the seating position in the 2011 and 2015 because I can see all of the instrumentation without moving my head or arms from my normal driving position and my legs/arms are comfortable.

SageBrush said:
If you are one of the committed, post and be recognized
I got mine this September. I waited for the state green program discounts to increase before buying. It is my first Leaf and my intro to the EV world. So far so good!

Back