Interest in lowering springs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm want to lower my leaf 1-1.5 inches. Also looking for light weight wheels that are 16 or 17 inch. I really love the Ray's Engineering 37 ESPCORT with the blue ecodrive logo but I'm being told only the 18 inch will fit and the center cap will not fit over the high hub of the leaf. Anyone else have wheels options?

Anybody kinow who did the work on the Pike's Peak Leaf? I LIKE it!

speakleaf.jpg

Aren't we forgetting the benefit of better range on the highway with a lower stance on the LEAF? Or am I wrong about this?

magicinstalls said:
Aren't we forgetting the benefit of better range on the highway with a lower stance on the LEAF? Or am I wrong about this?
You're not wrong, but "better" is relative. I suspect that any difference in aerodynamics, and therefore range, resulting from making the car a few inches lower would easily be lost in the "noise" of other variables such as terrain, driving/traffic pattern, atmospheric condition, tire pressure (!), etc.

chuck101 said:
Bumping this to see if there is a viable option yet for lowering springs and shocks for the Leaf.
Basically two options:

1. Tein replacement springs: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17722" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2. Megan Racing coilovers: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=12431" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tein also has coilovers, but the Megan Racing units appear to be better and priced the same. Blitz also has coilovers but they appear to be re-branded Megan Racing coilovers.

I have the Tein springs - the stock shocks don't have enough low speed damping and bump travel to keep the ride acceptable over medium to large bumps, at least on my '11, especially when coupled with 3+ adults in the car. With smooth roads they are OK. Newer LEAFs may be better. Would like to try the Megan Racing coilovers, but don't really want to experiment with another $900 or so.

I have found these over ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIRENZA-SUSPENSION-LOWERING-SPRINGS-30mm-NISSAN-LEAF-05-2010-/361213720379?fits=Car+Make%3ANissan%7CModel%3ALeaf%7CCars+Year%3A2013&hash=item541a03f73b:g:eek:BQAAOSwPhdU23bo

Anyone had any luck with them? Company is unknown to me...

Hi All,

Sorry for the BUMP on this post but Eibach have now released the lowering pro spirng kit.

They have developed their popular up-rated spring package - the Pro Kit for the Gen 1 Nissan Leaf's. This 4 spring kit will lower the Gen 1 Leaf 25mm all round, lowering the centre of gravity which aims to improve handling and any bias to roll, while giving a hint of attitude to its styling. Made of high strength Silicon Chrome Vanadium steel, the same as Eibach uses for all its competition springs up to and including F1, these progressively wound springs are computer matched to the factory dampers making them a simple yet effective upgrade solution.

*Part Number E10-63-032-1-22
*RRP £196.60 +vat
*Full TUV approval and 5 Years Warranty

;)

Back