Nissan to Start Sale of LEAF Battery Refurbs in Japan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmwv said:
I would say if Nissan can guarantee that the refurb packs retain about 95% of new capacity, which equals to about 60AHr, then I wouldn't have any problem buying them at half the cost.
In that vein, I would be happy to buy a new battery with a 5yr/60k mile warranty at half price, no problem.

SageBrush said:
https://newsroom.nissan-global.com/releases/180326-04-e

About $2,800 for the 24 kWh refurb. 30 and 40 kWh batteries also mentioned
Looking forward to hearing the warranty details, but caveat emptor: the experience with Prius battery refurbs was awful.

This does make we wonder whether Nissan will soon be using refurbs in warranty repairs. Seems likely, and if correct then BAD news for all concerned. The warranty language only obligating Nissan to return battery capacity to 9 bars or better is no longer a theoretical concern.
Good thing my battery was just replaced in December, because I do agree if they start using refurb batteries in warranty repairs, it could be bad news.

Nissan warranty just told me the refab batteries program is not available in USA as of September 2018.

To replace 2012 Leaf with brand new battery will cost $7500.

Back