Chevrolet Bolt & Bolt EUV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RegGuheert said:
InsideEVs: Chevy Bolt Was #1 Selling Car In California In 2018:

1111-3.png

a) Not sure that is surprising because of the prices after Fed and CA rebates!!
b) Plus the Model 3 or LEAF Gen2 was not available
c) Plus there was some concern about the Fed tax credit going away
Trifecta and stars aligned :)

Interesting if you stacked both Tesla BEVs on top each other <grin>

LeftieBiker said:
Looking at the chart, I assume this is among EVs...?
As the chart says, "All-Electric Cars". There are lots of Bolts running around here, also Primes and Volts. The latter still leads in my counts, but I haven't done one this year yet. Once DST starts, I will.

I just parked next to a Bolt today at chsrging station, and I was pretty impressed. Lady who bought it drove it from St.Louis to Memphis, basically in one charge. My Leaf can barely make it to the next town over, round trip.

Why is everyone arguing about the Bolt battery pack size. 57 or 60, it's well over double the Nissan Leaf, which is only 24KAh. The Nissan Leaf batteries tend to not last very long. I wonder how the Chevy Bolt battery will do longevity wise. She paid less than $28k wirh Fed tax refund. I paid $12k four used 2015. I'll keep my eye out on a used bolt when they come available in a couple years. I would love that more range I don't really need it to commute, but man it would come in handy. I could probably get rid of my second car, diesel vw.

2017 Chevy Bolts being recalled because of Li-ion cell problems in some vehicles:
InsideEVs said:
Faulty cells in some 2017 Model Year Year Chevy Bolts have been found to lead to a no propulsion problem where the car loses drive power. In some circumstances, this could potentially be very dangerous. GM has been monitoring this problem via its OnStar app, which actually keeps an eye on battery health. It now appears that GM is convinced of a possible problem.

Early last week, the automaker began sending notices to all 2017 Bolt owners.

RiverBrick said: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/chevy-bolt-200-mile-range-for-30k-base-price-after-incentive.40728/page-351#post-2666667
My post was about a completely different recall. The GM Canada code is N182148180. AFAIK there is no official fix in place yet.

It concerns the windshield wipers sometimes stopping in cold weather. I guess it isn't considered as serious an issue in the States, but here dealers aren't allowed to sell new Bolts until it is fixed.
Chevy Bolt EV Forum - View Single Post - Windshield Wiper Recall - http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/374842-post1.html

This recall notice has shown up on the Canadian Chevrolet Owner Centre website; has it appeared in the US yet?
Code:
GM Recall #: N182148180 / Transport Canada Recall #: XXXXX
Date Issued: Jan 04, 2018
Recall Title: Front Windshield Wiper Stall
Recall Description: Certain 2017-2018 Model Year Chevrolet Bolt EV vehicles may experience front windshield wiper stall when coming out of the park position at specific angles during unique cold, snowy conditions, due to a software calculation error.
Safety Risk Description: If one or both windshield wipers were to stall, it may impair the driver’s visibility under certain operating conditions, increasing the risk of a crash causing injury and/or damage to property.
Repair Description: Dealers will replace the front wiper motors with new wiper motors equipped with an improved software algorithm.
Recall Status: INCOMPLETE. REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE

gmcjetpilot said:
I just parked next to a Bolt today at chsrging station, and I was pretty impressed. Lady who bought it drove it from St.Louis to Memphis, basically in one charge. My Leaf can barely make it to the next town over, round trip.

Why is everyone arguing about the Bolt battery pack size. 57 or 60, it's well over double the Nissan Leaf, which is only 24KAh. The Nissan Leaf batteries tend to not last very long. I wonder how the Chevy Bolt battery will do longevity wise. She paid less than $28k wirh Fed tax refund. I paid $12k four used 2015. I'll keep my eye out on a used bolt when they come available in a couple years. I would love that more range I don't really need it to commute, but man it would come in handy. I could probably get rid of my second car, diesel vw.

Bolt 20 kwh bigger than LEAF. 57 kwh usable verses 38.5 kwh usable. Definitely a notch higher. Too bad Chevy couldn't have handled their lease options better.

DaveinOlyWA said:
gmcjetpilot said:

Bolt 20 kwh bigger than LEAF. 57 kwh usable verses 38.5 kwh usable. Definitely a notch higher. Too bad Chevy couldn't have handled their lease options better.
^^^ and their seats

Did they ever replace the glare shield with a dark-colored one that doesn't reflect onto the windshield? I don't remember there being a problem when I test drove one back in February on a sunny day, but don't recall the color. Not that it's tough to come up with a DIY fix for that. At least for me, the cloth seat in the LT I drove wasn't a problem, but my body type and weight are such that I expected I'd be unlikely to have an issue.

GRA said:
Did they ever replace the glare shield with a dark-colored one that doesn't reflect onto the windshield? I don't remember there being a problem when I test drove one back in February on a sunny day, but don't recall the color. Not that it's tough to come up with a DIY fix for that. At least for me, the cloth seat in the LT I drove wasn't a problem, but my body type and weight are such that I expected I'd be unlikely to have an issue.
The (HO6) "Light Ash Gray / Ceramic White" interior (light color dash) is only available on the Premier, and is not commonly ordered for dealer stock. Either "Dark Galvanized Gray" interior has the darker color dashboard.

ElectricEddy said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
gmcjetpilot said:

^^^ and their seats

My son has a bolt and has no problem with the seats. I have ridden it many times and the seats are no problem. The seat "issue" is blown out of proportion. Unless (unlikely) they are making these cars differently, I don't understand why most people would. There are always a few exceptions...

My son has a Bolt and has no problem with the seats. I have ridden it many times and the seats are no problem. The seat "issue" is blown out of proportion. Unless (unlikely) they are making these cars differently, I don't understand why most people would. There are always a few exceptions...

I've been following this issue as I've considered leasing a Bolt. The seat problem has too or even three components:

* Seat design. The seats are too narrow for larger people who are used to seats that fit them. This is present in all the cars, but doesn't affect all people.

* Seat production defects. The padding in many - but NOT all - of the seats is inadequate. Since the padding is preformed, it's apparently a problem with some of the padding units being either too thin or too soft. Some of the seats have the wrong size (too long) bolt in a critical spot right under the padding where the driver's left thigh rests. Or they may all have it, but it only impinges on the thigh in seats where to padding is also inadequate - I'm not clear on that.

I sat in two Bolts last Winter. Neither had immediately perceptible padding issues (although my left thigh was less comfortable in one of them), but then it often only becomes a problem on longer drives, which I didn't take. Both of the seats felt too narrow for me to be truly comfortable. Lots of people get a Bolt that they find to be perfectly comfortable. Quite a few (like me) find the Bolt to be noticeably less comfortable than the Leaf and similar EVs, and a few people just can't stand to sit in their seats for longer than 10 minutes.

LeftieBiker said:
My son has a Bolt and has no problem with the seats. I have ridden it many times and the seats are no problem. The seat "issue" is blown out of proportion. Unless (unlikely) they are making these cars differently, I don't understand why most people would. There are always a few exceptions...

I've been following this issue as I've considered leasing a Bolt. The seat problem has too or even three components:

* Seat design. The seats are too narrow for larger people who are used to seats that fit them. This is present in all the cars, but doesn't affect all people.

* Seat production defects. The padding in many - but NOT all - of the seats is inadequate. Since the padding is preformed, it's apparently a problem with some of the padding units being either too thin or too soft. Some of the seats have the wrong size (too long) bolt in a critical spot right under the padding where the driver's left thigh rests. Or they may all have it, but it only impinges on the thigh in seats where to padding is also inadequate - I'm not clear on that.

I sat in two Bolts last Winter. Neither had immediately perceptible padding issues (although my left thigh was less comfortable in one of them), but then it often only becomes a problem on longer drives, which I didn't take. Both of the seats felt too narrow for me to be truly comfortable. Lots of people get a Bolt that they find to be perfectly comfortable. Quite a few (like me) find the Bolt to be noticeably less comfortable than the Leaf and similar EVs, and a few people just can't stand to sit in their seats for longer than 10 minutes.

Title: Bolt EV seat padding mods
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?313938-Bolt-EV-seat-padding-mods

DanCar said:
Most American car seats are 21 inches wide. The Bolt's seats are 19 inches wide.
And most Americans are......well, on the wider side :)
Why Chevrolet would make seats not designed for the majority of people :?
I've sat in a Bolt, instantly scratched it off my list :( Not only because of the hard uncomfortable seats but the asinine cockpit design :roll:
Too bad as on paper it could easily have been my next vehicle.
And I have no problem squeezing into my 3+ decade old X-19 ;) a much smaller vehicle with more driver room than the Bolt! Of course I don't much care for how low to the ground it is, the Bolt is better in that respect :)

jjeff said:
DanCar said:
Most American car seats are 21 inches wide. The Bolt's seats are 19 inches wide.
And most Americans are......well, on the wider side :)
Why Chevrolet would make seats not designed for the majority of people :?
GM said much of the design was done in Korea. So it looks like it was designed for Korean average posteriors. :p

The United States has the greatest percentage of individuals that fit the definition of obese, so most manufacturers make the front seat cushions larger than for other markets.

The Bolt is based on the Gamma platform which is primarily used in Europe and Asia which is why it has a tall greenhouse and narrow width.

Back