2015 S to 2018 S Downgrades

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeafMuranoDriver

Hey All! I just turned in my '15 S Lease for a new '18 S Lease.

Overall I like most of the upgrades but there are some minor downgrades I've been finding...

- No Heated Steering Wheel
- No Heated Seats
- No Sun Visor Extension
- No Clip on the Sun Visor (I put my garage remote there)
- Cup holders are in an awkward spot.
- Extra Plastic around the bottom of the center console
- Stock charger & bag are both huge now
- Arm Rest storage is smaller

The battery temp is still there. If you scroll down through the info on the driver cluster screen, one of the pages shows battery temp, another shows capacity.

LeftieBiker said:
You can get the heated wheel and seats with the Cold Weather Package. In the SV this also adds the heatpump, which is no longer standard.
I wouldn't personally think about paying for the Cold Weather Package in SoCal. I would happily have had them included like they were before though.

LeafMuranoDriver said:
LeftieBiker said:
You can get the heated wheel and seats with the Cold Weather Package. In the SV this also adds the heatpump, which is no longer standard.
I wouldn't personally think about paying for the Cold Weather Package in SoCal. I would happily have had them included like they were before though.

That is almost funny. I'll simplify what you said: "I don't use those things therefore I'll take them for free".
"Everybody who actually need those things should pay. Because they actually use them. I don't, therefore, give it for free."

Well, I don't know how to react on that emotionally.

LeafMuranoDriver said:

Overall I like most of the upgrades but there are some minor downgrades I've been finding...

- No Heated Steering Wheel not included in basic package in either MY
- No Heated Seats see above
- No Sun Visor Extension has slider which is crap. Only allows Sun to shine in from the other side
- No Clip on the Sun Visor (I put my garage remote there) Have no idea what you are talking about. I have my remote clipped to visor which is same spot as my 3 previous LEAFs
- Cup holders are in an awkward spot. Better position imm but not optimal. Previous spot impeded with anything plugged into 12 volt.
FYI; Blame me. I suggested cups or 12 volt port be moved.

- Extra Plastic around the bottom of the center console More storage although not optimally laid out. Its a preferential thing here. I like it
- Stock charger & bag are both huge now Major understatement but at least you save money on Gym membership fees. That thing weighs a ton!
Yeah sucks. Prefer wider, shallower. Half the time I have to rearrange items for hatch to close. I preferred the "toss from across the cockpit" option much better.

arnis said:
LeafMuranoDriver said:
LeftieBiker said:

That is almost funny. I'll simplify what you said: "I don't use those things therefore I'll take them for free".
"Everybody who actually need those things should pay. Because they actually use them. I don't, therefore, give it for free."

Well, I don't know how to react on that emotionally.
You're mistaken. I did use them but would not pay to use them. I blame Nissan for including it then later taking it away.

It's an economy vehicle. It should only have things that matter.
For example, if it never goes below freezing, vehicle should have only AC and not heat pump.

Especially low end trims. Shaving off few hundred bucks from the base price is a good idea.

For example, if it never goes below freezing, vehicle should have only AC and not heat pump.

That's exactly backwards for many situations. In places where the temps are in the forties (F) for long periods in Winter, a heatpump is of more use than in places where it's usually below 25F.

arnis said:
It's an economy vehicle. It should only have things that matter.

Especially low end trims. Shaving off few hundred bucks from the base price is a good idea.
My 2015 was what you're describing but came with those options. I'm just complaining about them not including them when they have in the past. I wouldn't care if they never included them with the S at all.

LeafMuranoDriver said:

- Extra Plastic around the bottom of the center console

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove the plastic housing by the right knee? It does not seem to serve a purpose and restricts movement.

I didn't realize how uncomfortable this would be until I sat in one. The little protruding part hits you right in the funny bone if you try to put your arm down on it.

Back