Steering wheel grip with ProPilot Assisted Steering

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasLeaf

ProPilot makes you hold on to the steering wheel tight when you are using Steering Assist. I don't mind holding on to the steering wheel but ProPilot doesn't like the way I like to hold on to the steering wheel. ProPilot is always giving me a warning to hold onto the steering wheel and I have to keep to pinching the wheel to get the warning to go away.

I have been trying to find a grip that will feels comfortable to me and at the same time will keep ProPilot happy. So far I haven't had much luck and it really doesn't make sense to have to hold onto the steering wheel tighter than without steering assist. Does anyone have any suggestions on a comfortable steering wheel grip that keeps ProPilot happy?

Possibly this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsgtVRBeGPQ

I have seen another video using an orange jammed between the wheel and the hub :lol:

You didn't hear or see this from me :|

I have found that if I rest my hand on the flat part at the bottom of the steering wheel the weight of my head is generally enough to keep the sensors happy. I little bit of pressure against the bottom steering wheel spoke also seems to help. It’s definitely better than having to “grip” the steering wheel all the time.

After further testing I have found that if I “rest” my hands anywhere on the steering wheel where the full weight of my hands is supported by the steering wheel I don’t have to “grip” the steering to keep the pressure sensors happy.

Back