2018 First two weeks...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it difficult to extrapolate too much but it is fun.

This morning, I made it the 9.0 miles to work on 5% on my 2017 S. Google maps shows the elevation gain/loss as +374 ft and -36 ft so basically flat (for CO standards). There wasn't much wind and I did hit all the green lights but it was a pretty normal day. I usually use about 10-11% on the way home since the traffic is faster and more aggressive at that time and maybe I'm just in more of a hurry since I'm heading home instead of heading to work :mrgreen: There is often a slight wind off the mountains then that causes a head wind in the evening also. It's not much but you can feel it on a bicycle and I ride this route fairly often to work and back.

And yes, it was really 5%. If I could have done it on 4% it would have been a new record and I was momentarily at 4% while using B-mode getting off the highway but it went back to 5% when I had to accelerate up the hill to the parking lot at work. This was between 51% and 46% of charge based on what the dash shows. I haven't noticed a big difference at other SOC's but I'm just starting to keep track of this stuff.

So my 30kWh pack will be fine for me even though I think it will be replaced under warranty at some point. I have 41xx miles on the car and it's about 9 months old and I'm already at 92% SOH according to LeafSpy.

I have had my 2018 Leaf 6 week’s. The Telematics icon still has a diagonal red slash through it and none of the apps will connect and none of the updates, weather traffic etc work. It has been back to the dealer 3 times, 4 hours wasted, and no change. They don’t know what the problem is! Customer Service at Nissan have been useless. Callback from Nissan technical has been promised five times but never happened. I am thinking of asking for my money back - item not fit for purpose!! Any support or suggestions welcome.

I can't get into Nissan Connect. I've had that issue on the back burner, but I do want remote climate control access at least, and the hassle is not making me happy.

I had the same issue with NissanConnect EV and my 2018 Leaf SV. I called Nissan and the phone rep escalated the call to a tech who fiddled some things, and got my car to respond to some of the commands from the app (remote lock/unlock), but not turn on climate control or check the state of charge remotely. Of course, that's what I care more about. After a few days, the rest of the features of the app started working, but I don't know if they actually did anything.

I can't even log in. The salesman signed me up for it, but I already had a Portal account, and it seems I should have used that. Whatever I try I can't log in, or even get the account fully set up.

I just picked up my Leaf yesterday and have had no issues using the NC app. I have IOS version and works good, albeit a bit slow. Takes about a min or two to do something.

I actually got the VIN a week before delivery and loaded the app and could follow my Leaf's progress (where it was and charging).

Maybe its a Canadian thing, but so far the app has worked very well. I did try out a couple of features like flashing lights and honking horn, etc thru the app and it works but takes a couple of mins to go thru the system. Certainly not as fast as Telsa's app.

It's a bit unclear to me how long the Nissan Connect app will work and how much it costs for which functions. My understanding is 6 months of all features then 3 years of basic features. Then after you are dependent on it you have to pay. Anybody have a reference that clarifies it?

APCPA said:
It's a bit unclear to me how long the Nissan Connect app will work and how much it costs for which functions. My understanding is 6 months of all features then 3 years of basic features. Then after you are dependent on it you have to pay. Anybody have a reference that clarifies it?

That is what my salesman told me, and he was one of the best I've dealt with. I think the basic features like remote climate control activation remain free, though. I'm not certain of that.

Back