$2k NMAC cashback for last week in May

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reagle

This may be regional, but here in NYS I just saw a $2k NMAC cash on SV/SL good till end of May. Can be combined with 0% financing:

"0.0 % APR 72 MONTHS
2018 LEAF 0.0% APR financing for up to 72 months and $2,000 NMAC cash for well qualified buyers.

Subject to residency restrictions. Customer may choose (a) special APR with NMAC cash, (b) standard APR through NMAC with NMAC cash. Financing is subject to NMAC Tier 1 through Tier 2 credit approval. $13.89 per month per $1,000 financed at 0.0% for 72 months, on all new above-noted vehicles in dealer stock. NMAC cash available when you finance through NMAC and is subject to credit approval. Down payment may be required. Available on purchase. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See dealer for details. Offers end 05/31/2018.

[1] $2,000 NMAC Cash available on 2018 LEAF . NMAC Cash valid 05/25/2018 through 05/31/2018. Available when you finance through NMAC. Subject to credit approval. Down payment may be required. Available on purchase. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See dealer for details. Subject to residency restrictions."

Why would someone choose option (b) ?

2018 LEAF sales were pretty bad in April in the US, and it sounds like Nissan thinks they will not reach their sales targets in May without discount. My only question is, what is the sales target ? Presumably enough to keep them out of the CARB penalty box. Anybody know that number ?

And I do wonder if I will prove to be right that discounts are limited to CARB states.

So wouldn't that mean June should see even better discounts being the end of the quarter and all that?
Though stock levels around here are rather lousy- I count five cars total in the area :(
Also, Autobytel lists rebate on S trim at over $5k

Back