2015: Battery Data Report @ 100% Charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2015 manufactured 2/2015 current #'s:

Miles: 30087
Full Charge GIDs: 251
AHr: 53.49
SOH: 86.14%
Hx: 76.47%
No QC

pubchart

AHr trend

Bufordleaf said:
Well it appears my last update on battery stats will be my final one. Last weekend my daughter was rear-ended in the Leaf, totaling the vehicle. Thankfully, she was unharmed and walked away without a scratch. We found out Monday the adjuster decided it was a total loss and Friday I picked up a check. For those who may be curious how the insurance company valued the Leaf (2015 S with QC), they offered me $11,900 which I thought was more than fair. Looks like Nissan’s efforts to prop up used Leaf prices paid off for us in this situation.
Sorry to hear about the accident and I'm glad that she is ok. Now, send that battery my way please. ;)

Manufacture date 10/14
Miles: 19140
GIDs: 264
AHr: 54.63
During the 42 months I leased the car, I wasn't particularly conscientious about battery care, with 100% charging being the norm. And not careful about how long it sat at 100%, which became somewhat longer after I retired in 9/16. Now that I own the thing I might start being a little more careful. :) One thing that probably helped was that was garaged at home and usually in a parking structure at work.

philip said:
My 2015 manufactured 2/2015 current #'s:

Miles: 30087
Full Charge GIDs: 251
AHr: 53.49
SOH: 86.14%
Hx: 76.47%
No QC

pubchart

AHr trend

New to the forum... want to know how to add a pic like the one above to my reply post. I have a LeafSpy capture I want to add to my post but can't seem to figure it out on my own. Thx

RobertM said:
Haven't been much of a poster but my 2015 SL lease is ending and thought I'd post the stats updated yesterday in Leaf Spy.
This was after connecting to QC from 14 to 60% and then plugging into L2 when got home to take it to 100%.
I also always plug in at night and just let it charge completely.

Mileage 44,209
GIDs 291
kWh 22.6
SOC 96.9
SOH 100%
Hx 98.23
AHr 63.92
Avg Temp 66.7 [edit 64.4]
# QCs 69 L1/L2 1527

Hate to lose this car, but am getting numbers for 2018 Bolt Premier tomorrow, since I want to be able hopefully use just one car for commuting and travelling. Also heard on Friday that the 2018 LEAF is being delayed again in my area of PA, with a stop shipment, according to my salesperson who wasn't sure when they'll be getting them in.

These are awesome stats after 44.2K miles. Do you recall the VIN b/c I'd like to track it down for use as a daily runner for my soon to be 16 y/o driver.

briscobully said:
New to the forum... want to know how to add a pic like the one above to my reply post. I have a LeafSpy capture I want to add to my post but can't seem to figure it out on my own. Thx

That is an embedded image that google docs creates - it actually updates when I update the sheet.

If you just need to display an image, you probably have to upload it somewhere else and put the URL in img tags.

philip said:
ixnay said:
I haven't yet calculated the time cut off to charge just to 80%, and I'm not yet convinced it matters that much.

To get the rough amount of time to charge to 80%, I run this formula in my head: (80 - Display SOC) * 2 = minutes to charge.

So I ran a timed test two weeks ago, and the numbers bear out. When charging up to 80%, 1 hour at 240V = 20% charge, 2 hours =40%, 3 hours = 60%.

I'll take it up to 100% once every couple weeks if I have a number of commuting trips within 1 day. Generally down to 25-35%. To get to 25%, I'll charge every 2-3 days. The latest low charge was 14% this week. From that low, I charged it 3 hours and brought it up to 74%.

Don't know what all my numbers are, but SOH is 94%.

Have there been any stats on the exterior color of the vehicle making a difference in battery degradation? Does a darker color, ie. black, red etc, matter over the life of the vehicle? If the batteries are in the underside of the vehicle, then i would think the hotter the car gets the more the batteries will degrade? Just don't know if there has been any research or numbers to substantiate the hypothesis. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Didn't want to post a new thread and thought this might be as likely a spot as any for this question.

Thx again to all!

briscobully said:
Have there been any stats on the exterior color of the vehicle making a difference in battery degradation? Does a darker color, ie. black, red etc, matter over the life of the vehicle? If the batteries are in the underside of the vehicle, then i would think the hotter the car gets the more the batteries will degrade? Just don't know if there has been any research or numbers to substantiate the hypothesis. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Didn't want to post a new thread and thought this might be as likely a spot as any for this question.

Thx again to all!
AFAIA there aren't any stats. There's no question that exterior color will contribute to interior heating, but no one knows how much effect that may have on the battery. See this topic: https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25344&p=520349&hilit=albedo#p519602

Once again our stats have crept back up after just a few long driving days and repeated re-charging. The last time I did this check we looked close to dropping our first bar - now I am not so sure...

We don't have a quick charge port, so all charging is L2.

Todays numbers:
AHr=56.41
SOH=90.17%
Hx=83.87%
SOC=97%
odo=8850 miles

evtifosi said:
Once again our stats have crept back up after just a few long driving days and repeated re-charging. The last time I did this check we looked close to dropping our first bar - now I am not so sure...

We don't have a quick charge port, so all charging is L2.

Todays numbers:
AHr=56.41
SOH=90.17%
Hx=83.87%
SOC=97%
odo=8850 miles

My numbers are very similar to yours for a car with about same use.

Me too I have noticed that numbers go up when i drive more. I don't see any significative degradation of my 2015 pack since June 30, 2017. My numbers were going up during the summer after some trips needing to recharge.

AHr=56.15
SOH=90.42
Hx=83.36
Soc=97%
odo=16064 km

I generally charge on L1, sometimes on L2 or L3. 18 Qc, 615 L2.

My 2015 manufactured 2/2015 current #'s (pretty much the same as May - numbers went up during the warmer months, and just now have started to drop again.)

Miles: 35310
Full Charge GIDs: 252
AHr: 53.58
SOH: 86.28%
Hx: 76.79%
No QC

pubchart

AHr trend

From my 2015 S, a bit after a full charge:

Date: 09/03/2018
Mileage:21,007
GIDs:
kWh:
SOC: 70.4
SOH: 90.06
HX: 82.72
Ahr: 55.93
Avg Battery Temp: 73
QCs: 2
L1/L2: 804

Lost the first bar today on my 2015.

Full charge GIDS: 247
Mileage: 37741
AHr: 52.63
SOH: 84.75
Hx: 73.25
Mfg Date: 2/2015
In Service Date: 8/2015

L2 charging only, No QC. I deliberately charge to between 80-90% and to 100% one day a week.

For comparison, my leased 2012 at 36 months old was two bars down, 50 Ahr when turned in, the 2015 at 36 months was around 54 Ahr.

I'm not trying to be "that guy", but here is a shot of my battery after I got home to me on my 2015 S that I picked up about two weeks ago. I've looked around the forum threads, net, etc. and I'm really just looking for a layman's answer here as much of the information is a bit overwhelming. I'm trying to make this car last as long as possible (obviously) and have seen different people saying different things on this issue. I drive 30 miles or less a day and have been trying to keep my car charged to around 80%. When I get home at the end of the day, I'm usually at around 53%-59%. Some people have said that the whole 20%-80% thing is bogus, others swear by it, others go to 100% regardless, etc. Someone even suggested to me that I might not even want to charge as high as 80% given my limited driving. With all of that said and looking at this shot from today, anyone have a simple answer for me? Stick with 80%? Go lower?

Screenshot-20181108-165638.png

Back