Please Report 2018 - 2020 Leaf Defects Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Borugee - I have having the same sound coming from the brakes i believe: ( quote you below with my changes)

Possible Noise from brake system when on e-Pedel, when stop and go. (also occurs with E-Pedal Off)

After car is stopped on e-Pedel, and when I try to go using Gas - Pedel, I hear a click - sound / Noise.

Also did not hear this when the car was new, My car has 2.5k Kms currently.

(2018 Leaf SV - Also car has Electric Hand brake)

nightleaf said:
Hi Borugee - I have having the same sound coming from the brakes i believe: ( quote you below with my changes)

Possible Noise from brake system when on e-Pedel, when stop and go. (also occurs with E-Pedal Off)

After car is stopped on e-Pedel, and when I try to go using Gas - Pedel, I hear a click - sound / Noise.

Doe's the "click" happen in reverse?
Might be the all familiar lube axle/bearings
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=24756#p508835

Tried in reverse and the click does not seem to appear in reverse.... will try a few more times over the next few days... Surprised this is occurring on MY18 cars.

(2018 Leaf SV - Also car has Electric Hand brake)[/quote]
http://www.mynissanl
eaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=24756#p508835[/quote]

After about a week or two of hearing the click, it seems to have completely disappeared on its own.... no more clicking.. go figure.

ElectricEddy said:
nightleaf said:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=24756#p508835
I think mine had that. It would clink every time I started or stopped. Got it fixed but didn't hear what it actually was.

I'm still waiting on the part for the Forward Emergency Braking System.

Can't believe the dealer wanted to keep my car. It'll be 2 weeks Thursday. Thank God I went down there and got a manager to give me my car back.

The Leaf is like a luxury car compared to the Sentra they gave me for the day. Wow that is a horrible car to drive.

I experienced the front radar issues as well.

• System Malfunction, See Owner's Manual error with AEB light on
  • Function Unavailable, Front Radar Blocked error with AEB light on
  • Emergency braking when there was no emergency

This started soon after I got the car, but was happening maybe once a week, so I didn't do anything for two months.

At the point I brought it to the dealer, it was happening reliably every time I used the car for more than a few minutes.

The dealer performed a "reset front distance sensor" and returned the car, and it's gone back to only happening very rarely. I did some 2-hour long drives with perfect ProPilot performance for example, but still have occasional false emergency braking and AEB disabled lights.

I suspect it does have to do with condensation because I had taken the car through an automatic car wash before the error rate went way up. I'm not doing car washes any more, but kinda still expecting the problem to come back, I assume they'll just replace the radar next time. There's nothing in the owner's manual that says not to wash the car in an automatic car wash, or that it may affect the radar, but it seems too coincidental to me.

AEB can be disabled in the vehicle Driver Assist settings, which I do whenever it's acting up, then I wipe down the nose of the car to make sure there's nothing actually blocking the radar. It's pollen season and builds up thick.

Build date is 01/18, Smyrna USA.

Hello,

My 2018 leaf SL began giving me malfunction errors that would come and go and then propilot would stop working. Last week I had a brake error that stayed on. I took it in and they said it was the parking brake control module. Which they said is on “National” back order. I’ve only had this car for 4 weeks, and they said it could be a week or months, and then told me not to drive the car. I’m curious to see if anyone else has had or has the issue.

They still have my car and it’s been 3 days. They gave me a Sentra. After reading other post I’m thinking of getting the car back if others have been waiting for weeks already.

Thanks

Given the time it's taken for past back-orders of parts, I suggest you get the car back, leave Pro Pilot off (although the AEB might still activate, which isn't safe) and tell Nissan you want compensation for this mess. Or better yet, demand a Leaf loaner car.

Has anyone else gotten an SV or SL without the Nissan Connect app installed? I can't find it, and restoring the Home screen to factory default didn't bring up any NC app either. I was finally ready with the info I needed to register it, and...no app.

LeftieBiker said:
Has anyone else gotten an SV or SL without the Nissan Connect app installed? I can't find it, and restoring the Home screen to factory default didn't bring up any NC app either. I was finally ready with the info I needed to register it, and...no app.
The App is downloaded on your phone via the playstore(Google) (in my case) or the Appstore (Apple).

I mean the icon on the car's touchscreen. I do have the app. The instructions I got from the Nissan portal say to turn the CAR on, and then select the Nissan Connect app and enter the one time codes. There is no Nissan Connect icon on the car's screen.

LeftieBiker said:
I mean the icon on the car's touchscreen. I do have the app. The instructions I got from the Nissan portal say to turn the CAR on, and then select the Nissan Connect app and enter the one time codes. There is no Nissan Connect icon on the car's screen.
Of course, a 2018 will be different, but possibly similar to a 2015, where the id/password go into

Zero Emissions (physical button) : Carwings : Carwings Settings : Sign In

TheLostPetrol said:
LeftieBiker said:
Of course, a 2018 will be different, but possibly similar to a 2015, where the id/password go into

Zero Emissions (physical button) : Carwings : Carwings Settings : Sign In

That makes sense, and also contradicts what Nissan sent me. However, the great salesman I dealt with has been working behind the scenes, and someone at Nissan apparently did it for me, remotely. I now have access to at least the EV services, as of two days ago. So there is NO Nissan Connect icon on the car's screen?

I have a Leaf SV, with the Tech package, made in March 2018. Only two non-critical issues that I've noticed:

The backup camera doesn't display the steering wheel lines - the ones that move when you turn the wheel. Old 2011 Leaf had that, and the owner's manual for this model mentions it.

I like to put my mp3 music on a USB stick and play those files in the car. Most of the time, when I turn the car off, this Leaf forgets where I left off and often starts playing the first song it finds on the stick (sometimes even if I had the radio, or nothing else, on instead). Very annoying and difficult to find where I left off in the middle of 200+ songs. Has happened with two different USB sticks now.

Anyone else have these issues?

philaphonic said:
I have a Leaf SV, with the Tech package, made in March 2018. Only two non-critical issues that I've noticed:

The backup camera doesn't display the steering wheel lines - the ones that move when you turn the wheel. Old 2011 Leaf had that, and the owner's manual for this model mentions it.

I like to put my mp3 music on a USB stick and play those files in the car. Most of the time, when I turn the car off, this Leaf forgets where I left off and often starts playing the first song it finds on the stick (sometimes even if I had the radio, or nothing else, on instead). Very annoying and difficult to find where I left off in the middle of 200+ songs. Has happened with two different USB sticks now.

Press the camera button on the dash, there should be an option to toggle the lines, that's the only option you will have on the SV.

Press the camera button on the dash, there should be an option to toggle the lines, that's the only option you will have on the SV.

Dang - it had actually slipped my mind for the moment that Nissan has screwed SV drivers out of the Around View. Ironic, considering the complaining I do about it.

philaphonic said:

My 15 and 18 S models both pick up where they left off. Strange yours doesn't.

nightleaf said:
philaphonic said:

Of course! Duh. I actually tried that the day I got the Leaf but saw the word "on" written there and quickly decided it was on. Forgot it needed to be actively selected. Thanks!

LeafMuranoDriver said:
philaphonic said:

My 15 and 18 S models both pick up where they left off. Strange yours doesn't.
Thanks for the feedback, I guess I'll see if the dealer can do something about it.

Back