Will a used 2015 leaf suit my needs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You definitely want an SV or SL to get the heat pump because it reduces energy consumption in moderate climates like yours, especially for defrost/demist. You will need L2 charging at home so you always start your commute at full charge. The L1 charging available at work will allow you to commute with the LEAF even with significant battery deterioration in the future. I don't think you can activate the telematics subscription in Canada for a USA car because Nissan wants to avoid cellular roaming charges. The only real concern about SOC is to have it between 30% and 70% for long-term parking. I charge fully and discharge deeply almost every charge and my battery deterioration on both 2011 and 2015 was and is no worse than the same models treated more gently in my climate. Just don't import one from Arizona!

You can save about $4000 if you import a LEAF yourself. The process isn't all that difficult and will cost you about $1000.

Here are a bunch of 2015 SVs near Seattle, in case you are interested:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/2015/Nissan/Leaf/Seattle+WA-98133?zip=98133&startYear=2015&endYear=2015&makeCodeList=NISSAN&searchRadius=75&modelCodeList=LEAF&trimCodeList=LEAF%7CSV&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0

GaryHere said:
Wondering how your weekend went with the Leaf you tested and your thoughts about it?

sorry i havent responded back this week.. Work has been crazy and so has spring hockey for the kids...

i didnt get a chance to drive one yet, tomorrow looks like the day.. i have been looking at a 2015 leaf sv with 33000 kilometers.. with the premium additions.. heat pump.. navi with 360 degree camera.. bose stereo and tinted.. i said the sale will be on the condition i see a battery condition report from Nissan, which is most important besides factory warranty and a clean title

i will update tomorrow how the vehicle feels and drives.. and also if they will send it across the street to nissan for testing..

fingers crossed..

Still debating whether the sv model with heat pump is worth the extra money?

EV2B said:
GaryHere said:
Wondering how your weekend went with the Leaf you tested and your thoughts about it?

sorry i havent responded back this week.. Work has been crazy and so has spring hockey for the kids...

i didnt get a chance to drive one yet, tomorrow looks like the day.. i have been looking at a 2015 leaf sv with 33000 kilometers.. with the premium additions.. heat pump.. navi with 360 degree camera.. bose stereo and tinted.. i said the sale will be on the condition i see a battery condition report from Nissan, which is most important besides factory warranty and a clean title

i will update tomorrow how the vehicle feels and drives.. and also if they will send it across the street to nissan for testing..

fingers crossed..

Still debating whether the sv model with heat pump is worth the extra money?

Ok. Good luck with that.

As far as the heat pump I would get that if living in an area where you'd use heat more often than not.

For me in AZ that isn't needed. The heated seats will suit me fine.

Keep us posted when you are free to post.

i said the sale will be on the condition i see a battery condition report from Nissan, which is most important besides factory warranty and a clean title

That battery report is worthless. It will show only what the bars show, plus several meaningless items like how much the electrical accessories are used. Only a LeafSpy report shows useful info.

It would not hurt to verify warranty coverage and start date with Nissan, but the typical battery report from a dealer is not worth much (as Leftie said). I strongly recommend an SV or SL to get the heat pump because it really saves energy for defrost/demist and heating in moderate climates like you have.

LeftieBiker said:
i said the sale will be on the condition i see a battery condition report from Nissan, which is most important besides factory warranty and a clean title

That battery report is worthless. It will show only what the bars show, plus several meaningless items like how much the electrical accessories are used. Only a LeafSpy report shows useful

Would you recommend i get an ODB2 and leaf spy and check SOC myself before i make the final decision?

EV2B said:
LeftieBiker said:

That battery report is worthless. It will show only what the bars show, plus several meaningless items like how much the electrical accessories are used. Only a LeafSpy report shows useful

Would you recommend i get an ODB2 and leaf spy and check SOC myself before i make the final decision?

lol i meant OBD2 not ODB2

a co-worker has a bluetooth OBD2 that i will use with leafspy.. assuming i like the vehicle..

EV2B said:
LeftieBiker said:

Yes. Absolutely. Just keep in mind that a freshly reset BMS will also fool LeafSpy, unfortunately. ;-(

Back