Official Nissan e-NV200 thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or they could finally just release the eNV-200 in North America, preferably with a Bolt type battery but I might also accept a 30kwh battery if it had at least the range of the original Leaf, preferably more but hey at this point I'm getting tired of waiting.......
Personally I'm not sure how much I'd want a ICE backup generator, I'd just as soon go EV only but if it did I'd want it to be a substantial enough one to recharge the battery relatively fast and have more than a minuscule(i3) gas tank.

Every few weeks (in the summer, at least), my employer invites a half-dozen or so "food trucks" from the chic city center trade to roll up onto some spare parking acreage and show off their wares at lunchtime. Each is some sort of standard FedEx-style delivery truck converted into a mobile kitchen with fold-out awnings and sales counter, etc.. Another obnoxious feature that they all typically have is a portable generator clattering away beside them to supply their power (refrigeration, lighting, and maybe microwave cookers). I always think, as I stand in the fumes with my fingers in my ears (OK, so that last was an exaggeration), how much better the customer experience would be if the rigs were fully electric.

Slim to none, but I for one would welcome it, especially if it had at least a 30kwh battery 100+ mile range :)

Seems to me Nissan could sell a lot of these "40 kWh" pack e-NV200s in the USA...if it wanted to.

The 2018 Nissan e-NV200 will get a 40 kWh battery

Finally, the Nissan electric van is getting more range next year.

Currently, the Nissan e-NV200 still has the same 24 kWh battery pack made by AESC that the first generation Nissan Leaf and Renault Kangoo ZE also had.

The interesting thing is that now the Renault Kangoo ZE has a 33 kWh battery pack made with LG Chem battery cells, while both Nissan Leaf and Nissan e-NV200 maintain AESC as the battery cell supplier and will have the battery pack capacity boosted to 40 kWh. This shows us that the AESC battery cells are more energy dense than the ones made by LG Chem.

Furthermore, the 40 kWh battery means that the Nissan e-NV200 will get its current NEDC range increased from 170 km (106 miles) to around 283 km (176 miles). As a curiosity, the more efficient 2018 Nissan Leaf will get 378 km (235 miles) of NEDC range from the same battery...
http://pushevs.com/2017/09/15/2018-nissan-e-nv200-will-get-40-kwh-battery/

Nissan retailers open order books for longer-range 100% electric e-NV200 with Limited Edition 2.ZERO

04 Jan 2018 ID: 426213347
Orders are now open to customers for the e-NV200 Limited Edition 2.ZERO, available in 2 body types, either as a regular panel van or 7-seater Evalia.
New higher capacity 40kWh battery gives drivers more than 60% extra range on a single charge with no compromise on cargo capacity
Customer deliveries will commence from spring 2018

PARIS, France (January 4, 2018) – Nissan, the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, has today announced that the order books are open for its new longer range, zero-emissions e-NV200 van that goes further than ever on a single charge.

The upgraded e-NV200 now fitted with 40kWh battery is now available in Italy, Belgium, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Orders will open in other countries in the next few weeks. It is available as a five-door panel van or altrnatively as a seven-seater Evalia passenger vehicle. Both models come with Radio CD MP3 Bluetooth, Auto Air Conditioning, I-key system, Cruise control, electric mirrors, Fog lamps, enhanced navigation system and Rear view Camera. They also come with a 6.6kw on-board charger and are ChaDeMo compatible for quick charge solution.

The Nissan e-NV200 now offers a 60% extended range of up to 280 km NEDC* with unchanged cargo capacity and single shift transmission that makes driving easier and safer.

Crucially, the e-NV200 can help make 100% electric last mile deliveries achievable for business and professional drivers everywhere. With customers now able to drive more than 100 km further on a single charge compared to the previous generation e-NV200 fitted with 24kWh battery.

Gareth Dunsmore, Director, Electric Vehicles, Nissan Europe, commented: “With its longer range and optimal exterior dimensions and cargo capacity, the upgraded 40kWh e-NV200 is the perfect last mile solution for urban deliveries and collections. Given the huge impact that professional drivers have on air quality and traffic congestion, especially in city centres, helping cut the level of CO2 emissions they create is a vital part of creating a more sustainable future.”

First customer deliveries of the upgraded 40kwh e-NV200 will commence from spring 2018.
https://newsroom.nissan-europe.com/eu/en-gb/media/pressreleases/426213347/nissan-retailers-open-order-books-for-longer-range-100-electric-e-nv200-with-limited-edition-2zero

I'd be in for one.....a 7 passenger version that is.
Of course since Nissan USA can't seem to be able to get their head out of their *ss, I'm not holding my breath living in the good ole' U S of A!
But I can buy 50 different types of ICE vans or SUVs :roll:
I mean Nissan currently sells a ICE version of the NV-200(I drive one) so they can't blame safety-related issues........

Not sure if this will work but here goes, a link to someone driving his older 24kWh eNV-200 w/TMS! on a longer trip in sub zero(F) Norwegian weather, a little long but entertaining IMO. Courtesy of Brock in WI :)
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25092&start=20#p515423

^^^
I skimmed bits and pieces of the above video but I did watch the entire video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNFU5r2e6ZM. He also in this one at ~6:25 talks about something that he says believe is the "same as Leaf" where you can hold down a button on the fob to preheat. Well, that's certainly not available on my Leaf. Perhaps it's that way in some other countries?
jjeff said:
I'd be in for one.....a 7 passenger version that is.
Of course since Nissan USA can't seem to be able to get their head out of their *ss, I'm not holding my breath living in the good ole' U S of A!
But I can buy 50 different types of ICE vans or SUVs :roll:
I mean Nissan currently sells a ICE version of the NV-200(I drive one) so they can't blame safety-related issues........
Well... problem is, minivans have been a declining market in the US for over a decade, maybe even two decades.

I hadn't even realized Nissan discontinued the Quest for the US market until I was in a dealer (Quest) shuttle and the driver told me that they had a hard time getting another Quest (I'd previously been in a different Quest the dealer had each time) since they were discontinued.

You can get an idea of US minivan sales by looking up the usual "suspects" at http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2017/12/november-2017-ytd-u-s-vehicle-sales-rankings-top-301-best-selling-vehicles-america-every-vehicle-ranked/ (e.g. Odyssey, Sienna, Pacifica, Caravan, etc.). Couple that w/the battery electric take rate of 0.61% at http://www.hybridcars.com/november-2017-dashboard/, you could imagine that EV minivan sales in the US will likely be pretty tiny. If we add FCA's minivans (Pacific and Grand Caravan) Nov sales, that's 21,745 units. If we multiply that by an amazing 2%, that yields almost 435 units/month.

Also, note the total BEV sales for Nov 2017 (8,440). Compare that to the various segments at https://web.archive.org/web/20171202214944/http://www.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html.

And, with 2 or 3 of the strongest EV markets being in California + CA's HOV-lane stickers for BEVs, I doubt many folks will commute using their electric minivans esp. given that e-NV200 will have shorter range than the same battery capacity Leaf. I also don't see that many minivans at my work in the employee parking lot.

The above probably doesn't add up to a good business case for Nissan.

I'd also like that easy preheat feature :) Looks like it's instead of the FOB mounted charge door release and like our '11/'12 Leafs it has a manual charge door release.
I like how he refers to ICE vehicles as fossil cars :lol: he also likes to refer to the eNV-200 as a plumber and electrician's vehicle, or he as he says, the butt crack crowd ;)

These e=NV200 camper vans looks not surprisingly like a '69 Volkswagen Westfalia camper bus.
Apparently you have to live in Spain to get one :(

https://newatlas.com/nissan-nv-electric-camper-van/54957/

I have a Leaf Spy Pro problem with my e-NV200 Evalia. I installed Leaf Spy Lite on my Android phone, and (with the usual amount of trouble to get one which worked) an ELM-type Bluetooth device to plug into the car. Leaf Spy Lite works. The Car Scanner app also works. So I purchased Leaf Spy Pro, installed on the same Android device.

Leaf Spy Pro, though, does not work. It prompts me for the connection to use, seems to think all's well, but shows all zeros or other no-data values for all its displays -- it reads no useful data, not even the same data shown by Leaf Spy Lite. No, I'm not trying to run both at once: I uninstalled Leaf Spy Lite before buying Leaf Spy Pro, just in case they didn't want to run on the same device. Re-installing Lite works fine. Re-starting the phone and clearing Leaf Spy data has not helped.

Is there a troubleshooting guide for the case of Lite working but Pro not working? If so, I'd appreciate a link to it.

This might possibly be that the e-NV200 is not exactly the same as a Leaf, in some way which doesn't bother Leaf Spy Lite much (I tell it I have a 40 kWh LEAF in order to get meaningful numbers for some of the displayed items).

Hi everyone,

just bought env200, 2017, 10.000miles, 24kWh battery. waiting customs clearince to test it :)
it my first ev :)

It finnaly arrived on Monday.
really fun to drive in silence :)

First trip was 105km and when I finished it had 33km more to go, not bad, part of the road was highway

Trying to start leaf spy but no luck :(

Managed to start leafspy and got confusing results :shock:

SOH - 76%
Ah - 49.72
GID -58,7% (165)
SOC - 76,6%
I dont see dV but as far as I can see it is 20mV, 4V now on 75% SOC

on the other side, Im using 25% of battery for 33km in mixed driving, 2/3 city, 1/3 open road (not highway) = 132km range (10C is outside now)

Car is 2017. 18000km 1 rapid charge and 262 L1/L2

I expected range between 100-160km, so 132 is in the middle, but should I be woried?

An update

discharged the battery Saturday, leafspy reads 10%, car went to a turtle mode, got all cels ok message.

just now, SOC 30%, battery level low (was some 18%), 32km GOD
dV=11mV, U=364V

Any suggestions?

Back