NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a separate thread for National Plug-in Day, but I thought I'd post here to try and catch a few others.

September 28th is when National Plug-in day will be celebrated in Nashville. I will man a booth at Centennial Park for several hours. If you guys would like to get involved and help man charging stations or the booth, contact the organizers through the official web site and sign-up

http://www.pluginday.org/volunteer.php

There will be an EV parade around Centennial Park mid afternoon.

Cars, EV scooters and bikes will all be at the event.

Even if you can't help with the festivities, come down when you can and have a good chin wag.

JP

One of my prior complaints about the locations of the quick chargers in Metro Nashville was that there weren't any near Downtown/Midtown/West End which has probably the highest concentration of LEAF owners. I was playing around my my plugshare app and I found that we now have numerous options for QCs in Nashville and the metro area.

There are now 18 QCs in metro nashville! and there are now good options in the city as well. There are now QCs at Downtown Nissan, the MAPCO at 8th and Wedgewood, and one in Green hills near the YMCA. There's also one in Bellevue, some in Franklin, Smyrna and Donelson. In addition, there are now 100 locations for fast charging, and most of those have at least two charging cords.

The infrastructure is really expanding here. Nashville has to have one of the largest charging networks in the country at this point.

HeyHey said:
One of my prior complaints about the locations of the quick chargers in Metro Nashville was that there weren't any near Downtown/Midtown/West End which has probably the highest concentration of LEAF owners. I was playing around my my plugshare app and I found that we now have numerous options for QCs in Nashville and the metro area.

There are now 18 QCs in metro nashville! and there are now good options in the city as well. There are now QCs at Downtown Nissan, the MAPCO at 8th and Wedgewood, and one in Green hills near the YMCA. There's also one in Bellevue, some in Franklin, Smyrna and Donelson. In addition, there are now 100 locations for fast charging, and most of those have at least two charging cords.

The infrastructure is really expanding here. Nashville has to have one of the largest charging networks in the country at this point.

Indeed we are very fortunate in the Nashville area. Expect to see Nissan to introduce their no charge to charge program very soon in the Nashville area. As for the new QC units in the Nashville area Plugshare does not have photos for the MAPCO at Bellevue, if any one is out that way please add photos to plugshare for that unit.

We need to support MAPCO in hosting some of these new units. I go to the Hendersonville MAPCO to buy my essential supplies (beer out of their beer cave). Their convenience store isn't the cheapest in town, be we should let them know EV drivers appreciate their willingness to give this a try by stopping by regularly and give them business. MAPCO's have a decent deli for a quick sandwich as well.

It was neat to see a silver LEAF pull up to the MAPCO just as I was leaving. Hi Jennifer if you read this forum. I noticed the LEAF had temporary tags, so must have been just weeks old, good to see new LEAF drivers finding these stations readily.

JPWhite,
Do you also use Waze? I saw an alert about traffic today from a user named "JPWhiteHome" up at I-65 north of Briley.

Also, love the blog! I didn't know it existed until I saw your signature.

HeyHey said:
JPWhite,
Do you also use Waze? I saw an alert about traffic today from a user named "JPWhiteHome" up at I-65 north of Briley.

Also, love the blog! I didn't know it existed until I saw your signature.

Yep. That's me!! I was heading home to Hendersonville. Always backs up leading to Vietnam Vets.

I use Waze in conjunction with LEAFSpy Pro. It eliminates all range anxiety. I know my vehicle range within a mile every time I drive, waze tells me distance to destination.

Thanks for your kind comments re: the blog. Glad I put it in my sig :)

The currently-under-construction Midtown Hills Police Precinct on 12 Ave S looks like it has a double J1772 EVSE that has been installed. I guess it could be for public use, but I also would be curious if they have plans to have some BEV or PHEV police vehicles in the near term. Regardless, it proves that the EV culture and infrastructure is expanding in Nashville.

HeyHey said:
The currently-under-construction Midtown Hills Police Precinct on 12 Ave S looks like it has a double J1772 EVSE that has been installed. I guess it could be for public use, but I also would be curious if they have plans to have some BEV or PHEV police vehicles in the near term. Regardless, it proves that the EV culture and infrastructure is expanding in Nashville.

The new Police building on Myatt Drive also has dual EVSE's.

I met Billy Gibson of NRG eVgo recently.

He is interested in spooling up the Nashville EV Club once again.

Who wants to start meeting again? NRG maybe willing to host/sponsor events.

I know that this thread is old, but as I am a new Leaf owner in Nashville, it could be nice to reconnect and share knowledge. Anything new, Nashvillians?

Ks70292 said:
I know that this thread is old, but as I am a new Leaf owner in Nashville, it could be nice to reconnect and share knowledge. Anything new, Nashvillians?

Welcome to the family. I've had my Leaf since December 2011 and have 41,000 miles on it. Considering its limitations in range -- which I knew and accepted from the beginning-- my vehicle is performing well. No serious complication or complaints. I live in Brentwood.

Regards, Dave Mann

CWO4Mann said:
Ks70292 said:

Welcome to the family. I've had my Leaf since December 2011 and have 41,000 miles on it. Considering its limitations in range -- which I knew and accepted from the beginning-- my vehicle is performing well. No serious complication or complaints. I live in Brentwood.

Regards, Dave Mann

Yep welcome to the NAshville LEAF family!!

Hi Dave, been a while since we met. I still have my 2011 LEAF. Have 121,000 miles on it now. Good to see I'm not the only one to have hung onto my LEAF. We'll have to get together one day and compare notes!

JP

JPWhite said:
CWO4Mann said:
Ks70292 said:

Regards, Dave Mann

Yep welcome to the NAshville LEAF family!!

Hi Dave, been a while since we met. I still have my 2011 LEAF. Have 121,000 miles on it now. Good to see I'm not the only one to have hung onto my LEAF. We'll have to get together one day and compare notes!

JP

Thanks to you both! I see you're in Hendersonville - I'm actually in Madison near Nissan Rivergate. My commute is fairly short so a used LEAF made sense and the price was right. Mine has 49,000 miles on it but the battery is in pretty good shape. I'm really enjoying the vehicle so far. Nice to connect.

Ks70292 said:
Thanks to you both! I see you're in Hendersonville - I'm actually in Madison near Nissan Rivergate. My commute is fairly short so a used LEAF made sense and the price was right. Mine has 49,000 miles on it but the battery is in pretty good shape. I'm really enjoying the vehicle so far. Nice to connect.

I sometimes charge up at the rapid charger at Nissan of Rivergate if I've been on a long journey and need the extra juice to make it home.

Congrats on the used LEAF purchase, they are certainly good value for money.

Back