Warning tone after turning off

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maui314

Recently when I turn off my 2015 leaf a loud tone starts and will not turn off for about 2-3 minutes.
Annoying and worrying.

The LEAF also has this weird thing where it will beep at you after you turn it off IF you have opened the driver's door before you turned it off. I doubt this is it since I don't think it is a constant tone and it stops once you close the door. As long as you leave the door open, it will keep beeping at you.

RegGuheert said:
The LEAF also has this weird thing where it will beep at you after you turn it off IF you have opened the driver's door before you turned it off. I doubt this is it since I don't think it is a constant tone and it stops once you close the door. As long as you leave the door open, it will keep beeping at you.
A workaround for this is to open then close one of the other doors.

I have the same issue with a 2012 Leaf that I recently purchased. Constant loud warning tone that lasts 2 to to 3 minutes after turning the car off. Anyone know what might be causing it?

Low voltage on the 12 volt battery was the problem for me as well. I replaced the 12 volt battery a couple months ago and the loud buzzing after turning off the car went away.

The root of the problem is and always was/will be the "too carefull" charging of the 12V battery.
The buzzing relais as heard in that movie I made, went "magicly" away after a night on the charger. This is (apparantly) caused by a too low 12V battery. Which is strange because I drove the car the whole day as usual, with lots of starts and stops. Other symptoms are failing regeneration braking. There are lots of reports on this on this forum.

Back