Recommendations for light-duty commercial EVSEs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I`m late to the party but here in Canada the Flo ones are very popular for work offices. Don`t know if they are available in the US.

https://flo.ca/business/workplaces

We have a very hard climate and they are designed to be used in public places with abuse. Their At Home line is also work ready if you want my opinion, just they don`t offer remote lock and unlocking

Just 3.5 months later, one of the 20 Clipper Creeks units failed and is getting a warranty replacement. It's a surprising early failure, so we'll see how the rest fair. Actually only half of these are in use; the other half are installed by covered up, since we didn't need that many additional units immediately (and each EVSE serves 2 parking spots). So it's really 1 out of 10 that has failed.

Also: we're hiring. If you want to work for a successful software company in Massachusetts that supports EV drivers, PM me.

We've had a second unit (of the initial 10 we turned on; 15 of the 20 are now in daily use) fail, so we're getting another warranty replacement.

We have an LCS-30 that is used near continuous every business day going on five years. No issues.
Original 16 amp Leviton is at least a year older and still working fine.

These are both simple units with no metering or network connectivity.

jlv said:
We've had a second unit (of the initial 10 we turned on; 15 of the 20 are now in daily use) fail, so we're getting another warranty replacement.

Any feedback from Clipper Creek regarding failure mode, cause, components, etc.? I have an HCS-50P that I use periodically at my workshop/garage (208 volts nominal, usually about 212 volts). I bought it in 2016 and have had no issues so far.

GerryAZ said:
Any feedback from Clipper Creek regarding failure mode, cause, components, etc?
I'll ask the Facilities people in charge if they've heard anything on the first unit that failed 2 months ago. (I'm just a user of the EVSEs).

Back