Is there a way raise windows after plugging and starting a charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbg3294

I’m a newbie,

2018 Leaf SV

I Did my first public charge last Tuesday. After I got the charge started I realized I needed to close the windows. It seems there was no way to do this without having to reinitiate the charge i.e. Turned power on, raised windows, had to unplug and restart the charge. Is there a way around this other than making sure I’ve done everything I can think of before starting the charge and consequently losing access to everything after the charge has started?

Charles

I am not sure about 2018, but earlier models will go into accessory mode if you try to turn on while charging. Therefore, you can turn on, raise Windows, and then turn off without impacting the charge cycle.

^^^
Yep. Can't recall charging being interrupted by pressing the power button a bunch of times (like to raise the window) or w/foot on the brake so that I can use the heat or AC.

Have a charging timer on? If so, then disable it or press the override button.

Hi,

Thanks for responses. It’s sounds like the answer lies in using the ACC mode. I’m searching through the 2018 manual and so far coming up empty on how one puts the car in this mode. I’m guessing that one can do this by not pressing the brake when pressing the power button?...Things should turn on without the little green car with the arrow underneath displaying?

Hallelujah! I tried my experiment while the car was charging. I pressed the power button once without pressing the brake and the center console lit up and I was able to access the radio but I still couldn’t raise and lower the windows so I eventually tried pressing the power button a second time and bingo! I was able to operate the windows! Finally I pressed the power button a third time and and everything powered down. All this with no interruption to charging.

Back