I thought I’d post all of the parts that I used to install an aftermarket radio in my ‘13 Leaf. This works on the 13- 17 Leaf S. For the 16-17 Leaf S disregard the phone button retention harness as they have no BCM. Feel free to ask any questions.
- Dash Kit: American International NDK780
- Wiring Harness: 70-7552 - 20-pin Subaru/Nissan Harness with SWC from http://www.autoharnesshouse.com/AHH-70-7552.html
This has all the required wires, plus it has the correct steering wheel pins unlike the Metra Version and they even ground pin 15 for the steering wheel controls.
- Antenna Adapter: Metra 40-NI12
- Backup Camera Adapter: Axxess AX-NIS32SWC-6V
This worked in adapting the Leaf’s back up camera. Just follow the instructions on this link: https://metra-static.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/INSTAX-NIS32SWC-6V_web.pdf
- Phone Button Retention Harness (13-15) : AXXESS AX-NIS32BT or PAC BT-SWC-NI1
13-15 models only. 16-17 have no BCM. In order to retain the two phone buttons you’ll need to use this adapter to bridge the lost connections when unplugging the BCM. This makes it much easier then trying to jump the wires yourself. You’ll have to gain access to the BCM in the rear luggage compartment. Use this forum post as a reference for disassembly: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=23887
- Steering Wheel Control Adapter: Axxess ASWC-1
Please use this link from AXXESS to connect the steering wheel controls adapter. It didn’t work for me initially but I swapped the Gray/Blue wire to Pin 6 and Gray/Red to Pin 16 and it works perfectly: https://metradealer.com/files/aswc/ASWC-1_INST_860.pdf