ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got an email from AV saying that they are now supporting "Pay with PlugShare". That is awesome. $7.50 is still a bit steep, but I'm fine with it as long as I don't have to call in and wait on hold for 5 minutes just to charge, or pay $20 a month for a subscription I use every 3. Nice job, AV!

Is there some sort of agreement that prevents AV network from expanding to areas closer to the Seattle-Tacoma-Everett metro area? Nothing within 50 miles of Seattle.

BTW, has anyone attempted to travel to Mt. Rainer yet on the Leaf yet? How difficult would it be?

hmmwv said:
Is there some sort of agreement that prevents AV network from expanding to areas closer to the Seattle-Tacoma-Everett metro area? Nothing within 50 miles of Seattle.

BTW, has anyone attempted to travel to Mt. Rainer yet on the Leaf yet? How difficult would it be?

not so much an agreement than expectation. the National EV project was supposed to cover the urban areas so the WCGH Project that AV is involved with was only supposed to cover the gaps which it pretty much did other than the Washington Coast for the western side of the state. As we all know, the National project fell way short of its goal spending way too much on giving away home chargers and wasting what little was left over in poorly deployed public chargers

Just joined up, boy this thread is stale,but glad to have found the forums anyway. Quite happy with my 2016 SL, and look forward to discussions with local folks. :)

My invite stated the 14th as well for Seattle.. Signed up and eager to go as it'll be my first chance to see an '18 in the flesh.

TLeaf said:
My invite stated the 14th as well for Seattle.. Signed up and eager to go as it'll be my first chance to see an '18 in the flesh.

did you receive your invite by email? Cause I didn't get one which means I might not be going (was unlikely anyway)

be236 said:
Wow, this thread is stale.. is everyone going to the Facebook pages instead now? I recently joined.

This format is not preferable for a long thread over a long (very long actually) time. I am not even sure what the thread is about but likely not even all that valid anymore?

DaveinOlyWA said:
be236 said:
Wow, this thread is stale.. is everyone going to the Facebook pages instead now? I recently joined.

This format is not preferable for a long thread over a long (very long actually) time. I am not even sure what the thread is about but likely not even all that valid anymore?

Ok, I joined the Seattle-area FB page... so, we'll see how it goes... yeah, this thread seems irrelevant now... since a new person wants to read from the beginning.. but then they're reading *old* news/events.

be236 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
be236 said:

Ok, I joined the Seattle-area FB page... so, we'll see how it goes... yeah, this thread seems irrelevant now... since a new person wants to read from the beginning.. but then they're reading *old* news/events.

Cool! I am also a member. No matter what question you have, someone has probably already lived it. Great resource!

Sorry, I forgot about this thread, so I will cross-post:

Feel free to show up for the DCQC grand opening (free food) at Noon, Thurs, Aug 2nd, 51 Firing Center Road, Yakima. From Ellensburg, drive the scenic highway 821 Yakima Canyon Rd to skip all the killer HILLS on I-82 and it drops you right at the intersection for the charging station. If you need/want a charge, plan on getting there at least an hour or two early. Be advised, it's HOT over here, so bring extra water. We always traveled with several frozen 2-liter bottles per person back in the days before A/C. Supposed to be 105F today, 107F tomorrow, but "cooling" to 95F by Thursday.

Here's the next DCQC grand opening in Pasco:
You are invited to attend the Pasco Starbuck’s ribbon cutting event on Wednesday, August 29th at 11:00 a.m. at 2411 W. Court Street in Pasco for the electric vehicle charging station. Tom Logan, owner of the Starbuck’s, has a fabulous looking site including a solar canopy – quite a unique site for EVITA!

Back