Iced at the public charging station (Canadian version)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricEddy

First time Trying to upload pictures, I hope it works.
50dbxxM.png

9Lot7EH.jpg

Definitely brings a new meaning to being "ICEd". The J1772 handle is going somewhere... I wonder if they actually converted the OBC interface to J1772 versus the other style plugs. After all they are electric and get charged that way and the EVSE is just a big extension cord like it's used to...

:lol: Iced! and in Canada of all places.
Yes Zamboni's use a different plug, as the J1772 standard is quite common now days it would make sense if they used J1772.....the chargers I've seen on a Zamboni looks to be wall mounted and give off quite a bit of heat, I'm thinking it may have the "charger" on the wall vs charger in the car like our Leafs and other devices that use J1772.

jjeff said:
Yes Zamboni's use a different plug, as the J1772 standard is quite common now days it would make sense if they used J1772.....the chargers I've seen on a Zamboni looks to be wall mounted and give off quite a bit of heat, I'm thinking it may have the "charger" on the wall vs charger in the car like our Leafs and other devices that use J1772.

But it's entirely possible... Maybe Red Green retrofitted the charger to be an OBC and made the hardwire connection into a J1772 outlet. You can buy those on Amazon cheaply. Unlikely, but possible. :)

2k1Toaster said:
jjeff said:

But it's entirely possible... Maybe Red Green retrofitted the charger to be an OBC and made the hardwire connection into a J1772 outlet. You can buy those on Amazon cheaply. Unlikely, but possible. :)

I suspect this is the case (although it probably wasn't R.G who did it)
I peered thru the vent holes when I took the pictures and did see a control board with flashing lights etc. feeding what looked like lead acid packs somewhat like a forklift.
By the time I got back the Zamboni had left , maybe off to the local DCFC for a top-up?
Not a real big town here so I expectations are high to someday meet the owner and investigate further.
I just couldn't resist to post this as I got a good laugh out of it :lol:

Back