Dryer Outlet Usage for 2018 Nissan Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zolinca said:
Is there a market for the stock 14-50 EVSE I got with my Leaf? Wondering if I can sell it to defray the cost of the replacement.

The cheapest EVSEs I've seen on eBay which can charge 6.6kw go for $250-$300, used. But your Nissan one can charge from both 240v and 120v, so I'd expect it to be worth more like $350 on eBay. Just a guess.

zolinca said:
Is there a market for the stock 14-50 EVSE I got with my Leaf? Wondering if I can sell it to defray the cost of the replacement.
I would be interested in it. It would be nice to leave one cord plugged in at home and one in the trunk should the need arise.

zolinca said:
Just got my Leaf and I have the same issue as the original poster. The stock EVSE won't work with my dryer outlet (and I'm in a rental so it doesn't make sense to invest in future proofing). Gonna invest in a 24A EVSE with a Nema 14-30 plug ( my receptacle is currently a Nema 10-30 but will get an electrician to change the outlet and the dryer's plug

Would it not be cheaper to get dedicated home charger plus one for car? Save wear and tear on outlet

If not, then 2nd best way is get adapters for the Nissan Supplied EVSE. Those will run around $25 a piece more or less.

zolinca said:
Just got my Leaf and I have the same issue as the original poster. The stock EVSE won't work with my dryer outlet (and I'm in a rental so it doesn't make sense to invest in future proofing). Gonna invest in a 24A EVSE with a Nema 14-30 plug ( my receptacle is currently a Nema 10-30 but will get an electrician to change the outlet and the dryer's plug

Get a 24 amp hardwire EVSE and put a 10-30 plug on the pigtail. No electrician needed.

For the poster who wants an EVSE for use at campgrounds, and for the poster who's got an existing 10-30R - consider the Zencar 32A portable:

https://goo.gl/6FHmCg

https://goo.gl/wBCefo

With mine, I'm able to use a single adapter cable, combined with adapter plugs, to charge:

• At 240v, using a NEMA 14-30R @ 24A
  • At 240v using a NEMA 14-50R @ 32A (campgrounds)
  • At 120v using a TT-30R @ 24A
  • At 120v using a standard receptacle @ 12A

When ordering direct from Zencar, you can choose the plug type. I selected a 14-30P, but you should be able to order a 10-30P just as easily...

Back