Climate Contol Timer 2015 S (non-Carwings)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briscobully

Finding confusing answers in previous posts (and unrelated to my model year/finish) I'm posting this question to hopefully get some clarification. So any current or former 2015 S owners please chime in if you can help.

I wanted to make sure I understand how my non navigation Leaf handles the Climate Cntrl timer. I've read the manual and it states pretty clearly that the temperature is controlled at the factory and can’t be modified by the owner. Is that correct or did someone find a way to change this either in the settings menu on the Leaf or though LeafSpy?

Leads to my next question: haven’t had to use the CC timer and just tried today (as the temp dipped below 50 overnight) and it didn’t kick on. Double checked and I set the timer correctly but the vehicle wasn’t plugged in at the time. Is that an issue? Which is my other question; does the car have to plugged in to enable the CC timer? SOC was at 65% which should give it enough margin to allow for it to kick on.
Since I haven’t seen it work yet? I assume the vehicle ‘turns on’ which activates all the electronics (eg, heated seats, steering wheel, etc) just won’t move out of park?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as winter is coming in Chicago eventually and would like to be prepared.

Thanks to all!

Just like the charging timer on the S model, I really think that the menus on the dash and use of the climate control timer is worthless.

I stopped using them both. Personally, I really don't think it is necessary because the car (just like any other car) can quickly cool or heat the car to a tolerable amount within a couple of blocks when you start driving.

Climate control timer will only be active if the car is plugged in. This prevents inadvertently discharging the battery when the car is parked for extended time. As far as I know, there is no way to start climate control on the "S" when not plugged in except by going to the car to activate the car and climate control. The climate control timer should work when the car is plugged in to an active EVSE.

On a side note, since I have both your ears!

I have been curious of which reading to take closest to gospel regarding SOC on my Leaf. The GIDs % state of charge vs. the SOC that Leafspy shows is always off by about 6-7% (GIDs % is always lower). The GOM is always right in between the two (which is why everyone calls it that) and wondering which of the three, in your very experienced opinions, should be most relied upon...

Thanks again.

Back